Words ending with ible
5 letter words ending with ible
- -ible — -able
- bible — The Bible is the holy book on which the Jewish and Christian religions are based.
- bishops' bible — an English translation of the Bible made under the direction of Matthew Parker and published in 1568: the recognized translation of the Bible in England until the Authorized (King James) Version of 1611.
- douay bible — an English translation of the Bible, prepared by Roman Catholic scholars from the Vulgate. The New Testament was published at Rheims in 1582 and the Old Testament was published at Douai in 1609–10.
- family bible — a large Bible usually having pages at the front for recording the marriages, births, and deaths in a family.
6 letter words ending with ible
7 letter words ending with ible
- ansible — (science fiction) A hypothetical device that enables users to communicate instantaneously across great distances; that is, a faster-than-light communication device.
- audible — A sound that is audible is loud enough to be heard.
- delible — able to be deleted
- docible — Easily taught or managed; teachable.
- fusible — capable of being fused or melted.
8 letter words ending with ible
- chasible — Alternative form of chasuble.
- credible — Credible means able to be trusted or believed.
- crucible — A crucible is a pot in which metals or other substances can be melted or heated up to very high temperatures.
- educible — Able to be elicited or evoked.
- eligible — Having the right to do or obtain something; satisfying the appropriate conditions.
9 letter words ending with ible
- amissible — likely to be lost
- appetible — desirable or capable of arousing desire
- avertible — Capable of being averted; preventable.
- classible — able to be classed
- coercible — to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition: They coerced him into signing the document.
10 letter words ending with ible
- abhorrible — (rare, obsolete) Detestable. (mid 17th century).
- accessible — If a place or building is accessible to people, it is easy for them to reach it or get into it. If an object is accessible, it is easy to reach.
- admissible — If evidence is admissible, it is allowed in a court of law.
- admittible — Archaic spelling of admittable.
- affectible — Alternative form of affectable.
11 letter words ending with ible
12 letter words ending with ible
- compressible — If something is compressible, its volume can change when pressure is applied to it.
- contemptible — If you feel that someone or something is contemptible, you feel strong dislike and disrespect for them.
- contractible — an agreement between two or more parties for the doing or not doing of something specified.
- destructible — capable of being or liable to be destroyed
- diffrangible — capable of being diffracted
13 letter words ending with ible
- apprehensible — capable of being comprehended or grasped mentally
- biocompatible — not rejected by the body
- concupiscible — characterized or driven by sexual desire
- constructible — to build or form by putting together parts; frame; devise.
- hyperflexible — capable of being bent, usually without breaking; easily bent: a flexible ruler.
14 letter words ending with ible
- bug-compatible — Said of a design or revision that has been badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or misfeatures in other programs or (especially) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS 2.0 used \ as a path separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice of / as an option character in 1.0."
- comprehendible — comprehensible
- comprehensible — Something that is comprehensible can be understood.
- controvertible — to argue against; dispute; deny; oppose.
- fermentescible — capable of causing fermentation
15 letter words ending with ible
- biodestructible — biodegradable
- common-sensible — sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.
- hyperextensible — Capable of being stretched and extended.
- imperscriptible — not supported by written authority
- imprescriptible — not subject to prescription.
16 letter words ending with ible
- circumscriptible — Capable of being circumscribed or limited by bounds.
- hayes-compatible — (communications) A description of a modem which understands the same set of commands as one made by Hayes.
- hypersusceptible — hypersensitive (def 2).
- incomprehensible — impossible to understand or comprehend; unintelligible.
- incontrovertible — not controvertible; not open to question or dispute; indisputable: absolute and incontrovertible truth.
17 letter words ending with ible
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IBLE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 426 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IBLE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.