Words ending with hone
4 letter words ending with hone
- hone — a whetstone of fine, compact texture for sharpening razors and other cutting tools.
5 letter words ending with hone
- phone — a speech sound: There are three phonetically different “t” phones in an utterance of “titillate,” and two in an utterance of “tattletale.”.
- rhone — a river flowing from the Alps in S Switzerland through the Lake of Geneva and SE France into the Mediterranean. 504 miles (810 km) long.
- shone — a simple past tense and past participle of shine1 .
- burner phone — a disposable cell phone with prepaid service, often used with the intent to temporarily obscure the true identity or contact information of the user: Members of the cartel used burner phones to evade federal surveillance. I always give out the number from my burner phone when I’m going on a blind date.
- camera phone — A camera phone is a mobile phone that can also take photographs.
6 letter words ending with hone
7 letter words ending with hone
- diphone — a unit of speech made up of two simple speech sounds known as phones
8 letter words ending with hone
- camphone — a combined mobile phone and digital camera
- carphone — a telephone that operates by cellular radio for use in a car
- diaphone — the set of all realizations of a given phoneme in a language
- earphone — a sound receiver that fits in or over the ear, as of a radio or telephone.
- fenchone — (organic compound) A monoterpenoid ketone present in the essential oil of fennel.
9 letter words ending with hone
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- allophone — any of several speech sounds that are regarded as contextual or environmental variants of the same phoneme. In English the aspirated initial (p) in pot and the unaspirated (p) in spot are allophones of the phoneme /p/
- antiphone — (music) The response which one side of the choir makes to the other in a chant; alternate chanting or singing.
- audiphone — a type of hearing aid consisting of a diaphragm that, when placed against the upper teeth, conveys sound vibrations to the inner ear
- autophone — (archaic) idiophone.
10 letter words ending with hone
- anglophone — Anglophone communities are English-speaking communities in areas where more than one language is commonly spoken.
- dentiphone — (dated) An instrument which, placed against the teeth, conveys sound to the auditory nerve; an audiphone.
- dictaphone — a tape recorder designed for recording dictation and later reproducing it for typing
- entryphone — an intercom system at the entrance to a building through which visitors identify themselves so that someone inside can let them in by a device which unlocks the door remotely
- gramophone — a phonograph.
11 letter words ending with hone
- answerphone — An answerphone is a device which you connect to your telephone and which records telephone calls while you are out.
- cameraphone — a mobile phone incorporating a camera
- chordophone — any musical instrument producing sounds through the vibration of strings, such as the piano, harp, violin, or guitar
- francophone — Also, Francophonic [frang-kuh-fon-ik] /ˌfræŋ kəˈfɒn ɪk/ (Show IPA). speaking French, especially as a member of a French-speaking population.
- graphophone — a phonograph for recording and reproducing sounds on wax records.
12 letter words ending with hone
- detectaphone — a device for listening secretly to others' telephone conversations
- detectophone — a secret listening device, the predecessor of the modern 'bug'
- electrophone — (music) any instrument designed to create sounds using electrical currents.
- kaleidophone — an instrument, invented by Professor Charles Wheatstone (1802-1875), consisting of a light on a vibrating rod with a reflecting knob for exhibiting the effect of sound waves
- lamellaphone — Alt form lamellophone.
13 letter words ending with hone
- hydromorphone — A synthetic narcotic analgesic, (4,5 alpha-epoxy-3-hydroxy-17-methyl morphinan-6-one), similar to morphine and heroin. It is used for moderate to severe pain under the trade name Dilaudid.
- membranophone — any musical instrument, as a drum, in which the sound is produced by striking, rubbing, or blowing against a membrane stretched over a frame.
- monotelephone — a telephone that communicates a specific frequency of sound
14 letter words ending with hone
- radiotelephone — a telephone in which sound or speech is transmitted by means of radio waves instead of through wires or cables.
15 letter words ending with hone
- radio-telephone — a telephone in which sound or speech is transmitted by means of radio waves instead of through wires or cables.
16 letter words ending with hone
- bouches-du-rhone — a department of S central France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Capital: Marseille. Pop: 1 883 645 (2003 est). Area: 5284 sq km (2047 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words that ending in HONE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 146 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in HONE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.