Words ending with eter
5 letter words ending with eter
- deter — To deter someone from doing something means to make them not want to do it or continue doing it.
- heter — a heterosexual person.
- meter — an instrument for measuring, especially one that automatically measures and records the quantity of something, as of gas, water, miles, or time, when it is activated.
- peter — to diminish gradually and stop; dwindle to nothing: The hot water always peters out in the middle of my shower.
- air meter — a small, sensitive anemometer of the windmill type.
6 letter words ending with eter
- -meter — indicating an instrument for measuring
- dieter — food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health: Milk is a wholesome article of diet.
- exeter — a city in SW England, administrative centre of Devon; university (1955). Pop: 106 772 (2001)
- meeter — to come upon; come into the presence of; encounter: I would meet him on the street at unexpected moments.
- saeter — an upland pasture or meadow
7 letter words ending with eter
- ammeter — an instrument for measuring an electric current in amperes
- coveter — to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others: to covet another's property.
- deleter — Agent noun of delete; one who deletes.
- demeter — the goddess of agricultural fertility and protector of marriage and women
- dimeter — a verse or line of two measures or feet, as He is gone on the mountain,/He is lost to the forest.
8 letter words ending with eter
- belleter — a person who makes bells
- biometer — a device for measuring the production of carbon dioxide in functioning tissue
- budgeter — a person who budgets
- catheter — A catheter is a tube which is used to introduce liquids into a human body or to withdraw liquids from it.
- competer — to strive to outdo another for acknowledgment, a prize, supremacy, profit, etc.; engage in a contest; vie: to compete in a race; to compete in business.
9 letter words ending with eter
- aerometer — an instrument for determining the mass or density of a gas, esp air
- algometer — an instrument for measuring sensitivity to pressure (pressure algometer) or to pain
- altimeter — An altimeter is an instrument in an aircraft that shows the height of the aircraft above the ground.
- antimeter — (obsolete) A modification of the quadrant, for measuring small angles.
- atmometer — an instrument for measuring the rate of evaporation of water into the atmosphere
10 letter words ending with eter
- acetimeter — acetometer
- acetometer — a device for measuring the concentration of acetic acid in a solution, esp in vinegar
- acidimeter — any instrument or standard solution for determining the amount of acid in a sample solution
- acidometer — a type of hydrometer for measuring the relative density of an acid solution, esp the acid in a battery
- anemometer — an instrument for recording the speed and often the direction of winds
11 letter words ending with eter
- actinometer — an instrument for measuring the intensity of radiation, esp of the sun's rays
- albedometer — an instrument that measures the albedo of a surface.
- algesimeter — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- alkalimeter — an apparatus for determining the concentration of alkalis in solution
- apertometer — an instrument for measuring the angular and numerical aperture of the objective lens of a microscope.
12 letter words ending with eter
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- algesiometer — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- astigmometer — an apparatus for measuring the degree of astigmatism.
- cathetometer — an instrument measuring minute height differences
- cephalometer — an instrument for positioning the human head for X-ray examination in cephalometry
13 letter words ending with eter
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
- anthropometer — an instrument that consists of a calibrated, vertical rod to which are attached two horizontal arms, one fixed and one movable, for measuring the human trunk and limbs.
- decelerometer — an instrument for measuring deceleration
- deflectometer — An instrument that measures the deflection of structures when loads are applied.
14 letter words ending with eter
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- anesthesimeter — a device for measuring the amount of anesthetic given by inhalation.
- astigmatometer — an apparatus for measuring the degree of astigmatism.
- cytophotometer — an instrument for examining cells by determining the intensity or wavelengths of light transmitted through them.
- diffractometer — an instrument that is used to study atomic crystal structure by measuring the angles at which x-rays, neutrons, or electrons are diffracted by matter.
15 letter words ending with eter
- haematachometer — (dated) An apparatus for measuring the velocity of the blood.
- hemadynamometer — An instrument by which the pressure of the blood in the arteries, or veins, is measured by the height to which it will raise a column of mercury.
- katathermometer — a thermometer used to measure the cooling power of ambient air
- micromillimeter — Synonym of nanometer.
- microphotometer — a photometer adapted for measuring the intensity of light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
16 letter words ending with eter
- cardiotachometer — a device for counting heartbeats, usually displaying the number of beats per minute
- erythrocytometer — an instrument for counting the number or measuring the size of red blood cells in a sample of blood
- photopolarimeter — a polarimeter that uses a photocell.
- spectrobolometer — an instrument consisting of a spectroscope and a bolometer, for determining the distribution of radiant energy in a spectrum.
- sphygmomanometer — an instrument, often attached to an inflatable air-bladder cuff and used with a stethoscope, for measuring blood pressure in an artery.
17 letter words ending with eter
- haemoglobinometer — an instrument used to determine the haemoglobin content of blood
- microdensitometer — a densitometer for measuring the density of minute areas of photographic negatives.
- spectrophotometer — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
- spectroradiometer — an instrument for determining the radiant-energy distribution in a spectrum, combining the functions of a spectroscope with those of a radiometer.
18 letter words ending with eter
- electrodynamometer — An instrument that measures electric current by indicating the strength of repulsion or attraction between the magnetic fields of two sets of coils, one fixed and one movable.
- psychogalvanometer — a type of galvanometer for detecting and measuring psychogalvanic currents.
- spectrofluorimeter — an instrument in which the spectrum of secondarily emitted fluorescent light is used to identify chemical compounds.
- spectrofluorometer — an instrument in which the spectrum of secondarily emitted fluorescent light is used to identify chemical compounds.
- spectropolarimeter — an instrument for determining the extent to which plane-polarized light of various wavelengths is rotated by certain solutions, consisting of a combination of a spectroscope and a polarimeter.
20 letter words ending with eter
- ophthalmodynamometer — a device for determining the nearest point of ocular convergence.
22 letter words ending with eter
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ETER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 500 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ETER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.