Words ending with ency
6 letter words ending with ency
- agency — An agency is a business which provides a service on behalf of other businesses.
- egency — (obsolete) need; neediness; poverty.
- ad agency — An ad agency is a company whose business is to create advertisements for other companies or organizations.
- adoption agency — an agency that matches children needing adoption with people willing to adopt
- advanced research projects agency — Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
7 letter words ending with ency
- ardency — having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love.
- cadency — the line of descent from a younger member of a family
- cogency — the quality or condition of being cogent; power to convince
- decency — Decency is the quality of following accepted moral standards.
- fluency — spoken or written with ease: fluent French.
8 letter words ending with ency
9 letter words ending with ency
- adjacency — the quality or state of being adjacent; nearness
- affluency — affluence (def 2).
- appetency — a strong desire; craving; appetite
- bivalency — Chemistry. having a valence of two. having two valences, as aluminum with valences of two and three.
- coherency — the act or state of cohering; cohesion.
10 letter words ending with ency
- abhorrency — (obsolete) Aberrancy. (Attested only in the late 16th century.).
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- abstinency — the quality of being abstinent
- accumbency — (rare) The state of being accumbent or reclining.
- advertency — the state or quality of being advertent.
11 letter words ending with ency
- ambivalency — uncertainty or fluctuation, especially when caused by inability to make a choice or by a simultaneous desire to say or do two opposite or conflicting things.
- antecedency — the fact or condition of being antecedent
- astringency — An astringent taste.
- coadjacency — the state of two or more things being adjacent in experience or thought
- coincidency — a coincident state
12 letter words ending with ency
- alkalescency — the tendency to develop alkaline qualities
- ambitendency — ambivalence, especially when acted out; a tendency to contradictory behavior arising from conflicting impulses.
- belligerency — the state of being at war
- codependency — of or relating to a relationship in which one person is physically or psychologically addicted, as to alcohol or gambling, and the other person is psychologically dependent on the first in an unhealthy way.
- constituency — A constituency is an area for which someone is elected as the representative in a parliament or government.
13 letter words ending with ency
- circumjacency — the state of being circumjacent
- co-dependency — a state of mutual dependence between two people, esp when one partner relies emotionally on supporting and caring for the other partner
- co-presidency — the state or act of being co-president
- consenescency — consenescence
- convalescency — convalescence
14 letter words ending with ency
- condescendency — Condescendence.
- correspondency — correspondence
- cryptocurrency — a decentralized digital medium of exchange which is created, regulated, and exchanged using cryptography and (usually) open source software
- eigenfrequency — One of the natural resonant frequencies of a system.
- electrovalency — (physics) The net electric charge on an ion.
15 letter words ending with ency
- countertendency — an opposite tendency
- high-dependency — needing or providing a more than usually high level of healthcare
- interdependency — the quality or condition of being interdependent, or mutually reliant on each other: Globalization of economies leads to an ever-increasing interdependence of countries.
- non-complacency — a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation, condition, etc.
- nonbelligerency — the state or status of not participating in a war.
16 letter words ending with ency
- counter-tendency — a natural or prevailing disposition to move, proceed, or act in some direction or toward some point, end, or result: the tendency of falling bodies toward the earth.
- immunodeficiency — impairment of the immune response, predisposing to infection and certain malignancies.
- self-complacency — pleased with oneself; self-satisfied; smug.
- self-sufficiency — able to supply one's own or its own needs without external assistance: The nation grows enough grain to be self-sufficient.
- severe combined immunodeficiency — a group of rare congenital disorders in which both cell-mediated and humoral immunity are lacking, causing susceptibility to a wide variety of illnesses and an inability to live in a normal environment. Abbreviation: SCID.
17 letter words ending with ency
- counterinsurgency — action taken by a government to counter the activities of rebels, guerrillas, etc
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ENCY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 379 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ENCY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.