Words ending with ence
5 letter words ending with ence
- -ence — -ence and -ency are added to adjectives, usually in place of -ent, to form nouns referring to states, qualities, attitudes, or behaviour. For example, 'affluence' is the state of being affluent.
- fence — a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood, used to prevent entrance, to confine, or to mark a boundary.
- hence — as an inference from this fact; for this reason; therefore: The eggs were very fresh and hence satisfactory.
- pence — a plural of penny; used in referring to a sum of money rather than to the coins themselves (often used in combination): sixpence; The fare was 15 pence.
- barbed wire fence — a fence constructed from strong wire that has sharply pointed barbs at close intervals along its length
6 letter words ending with ence
7 letter words ending with ence
- abience — (psychology) Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- cadence — The cadence of someone's voice is the way their voice gets higher and lower as they speak.
- decence — (obsolete) decency.
- defence — Defence is action that is taken to protect someone or something against attack.
8 letter words ending with ence
- -escence — the process of becoming or beginning
- ambience — The ambience of a place is the character and atmosphere that it seems to have.
- audience — The audience at a play, concert, film, or public meeting is the group of people watching or listening to it.
- clarence — a closed four-wheeled horse-drawn carriage, having a glass front
- clemence — (obsolete) clemency.
9 letter words ending with ence
- accedence — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
- acescence — The quality of being acescent; the process of acetous fermentation; a moderate degree of sourness.
- adherence — Adherence is the fact of adhering to a particular rule, agreement, or belief.
- adjacence — the state of being adjacent
10 letter words ending with ence
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- absistence — (obsolete) A standing aloof.
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
- advertence — heedfulness or attentiveness
- albescence — becoming white; whitish.
11 letter words ending with ence
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- accrescence — continual increase
- acquiesence — A state or instance of acquiescing or passively accepting something, without necessarily consenting to it.
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
- ambivalence — the simultaneous existence of two opposed and conflicting attitudes, emotions, etc
12 letter words ending with ence
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- alkalescence — the process of developing alkaline qualities
- altiloquence — Pompous language; lofty speech.
- anti-science — a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
- antiviolence — opposed to or acting against violence in society
13 letter words ending with ence
- -in-residence — appointed to work at, and usually residing at, a given institution, as a college, for a certain period
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- birefringence — the splitting of a light ray, generally by a crystal, into two components that travel at different velocities and are polarized at right angles to each other
- centrifugence — the property of being centrifugal
- circumference — The circumference of a circle, place, or round object is the distance around its edge.
14 letter words ending with ence
- bioequivalence — the equality of strength, bioavailability, and dosage of various drug products
- chronosequence — (geology) A sequence of different soils formed at different times.
- clairsentience — The ability for a person to acquire psychic knowledge by means of feeling.
- colliquescence — the potential for turning to liquid
- condescendence — a statement of facts presented by the plaintiff in a cause
15 letter words ending with ence
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- counterevidence — evidence that refutes other evidence
- counterviolence — the retaliatory use of violence
16 letter words ending with ence
- autofluorescence — (biology, microscopy) Self-induced fluorescence.
- counter-violence — swift and intense force: the violence of a storm.
- immunocompetence — having the potential for immunologic response; capable of developing immunity after exposure to antigen.
- incorrespondence — Lack of correspondence; failure to correspond or match up; disagreement; disproportion.
- postindependence — Also, independency. the state or quality of being independent.
17 letter words ending with ence
- anti-interference — intended to reduce electronic interference during radio transmissions
- call-by-reference — (programming) An argument passing convention where the address of an argument variable is passed to a function or procedure, as opposed to passing the value of the argument expression. Execution of the function or procedure may have side-effects on the actual argument as seen by the caller. The C language's "&" (address of) and "*" (dereference) operators allow the programmer to code explicit call-by-reference. Other languages provide special syntax to declare reference arguments (e.g. ALGOL 60). See also call-by-name, call-by-value, call-by-value-result.
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
18 letter words ending with ence
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- inter-independence — Also, independency. the state or quality of being independent.
- non-correspondence — communication by exchange of letters.
- self-transcendence — the quality or state of being transcendent.
- thermoluminescence — phosphorescence produced by the heating of a substance.
19 letter words ending with ence
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counterintelligence — Counterintelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
20 letter words ending with ence
21 letter words ending with ence
- thermophosphorescence — thermoluminescence.
23 letter words ending with ence
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ENCE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 971 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ENCE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.