Words ending with em
3 letter words ending with em
4 letter words ending with em
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- chem — (slang, college) abbreviation of chemistry; commonly capitalized, short for the subject or the department.
- clem — to be hungry or cause to be hungry
- deem — If something is deemed to have a particular quality or to do a particular thing, it is considered to have that quality or do that thing.
- diem — a daily allowance, usually for living expenses while traveling in connection with one's work or being employed at a distance from one's home: a per diem for lawmakers while the legislature is in session.
5 letter words ending with em
6 letter words ending with em
- addeem — to declare or determine, esp judicially
- anadem — a garland for the head
- anthem — An anthem is a song which is used to represent a particular nation, society, or group and which is sung on special occasions.
- apozem — an infusion or decoction
- arnhem — a city in the E Netherlands, capital of Gelderland province, on the Rhine: site of a World War II battle. Pop: 142 000 (2003 est)
7 letter words ending with em
- apothem — the perpendicular line or distance from the centre of a regular polygon to any of its sides
- balshem — a person who works miracles by calling upon the name of God, especially one of the German and Polish Jews of the 16th–19th centuries considered to be saintly and to possess magical powers.
- berseem — a Mediterranean clover, Trifolium alexandrinum, grown as a forage crop and to improve the soil in the southwestern US and the Nile valley
- bliksem — an exclamation expressive of surprise, shock, displeasure, etc
- con-dem — of or relating to the coalition government (2010–15) of the United Kingdom formed by the Conservative Party and the Liberal Democrats
8 letter words ending with em
- aleichem — Sholom, real name Solomon Rabinowitz. 1859–1916, US Jewish writer, born in Russia. His works include Tevye the Milkman, which was adapted for the stage musical Fiddler on the Roof
- baalshem — a person who works miracles by calling upon the name of God, especially one of the German and Polish Jews of the 16th–19th centuries considered to be saintly and to possess magical powers.
- bensalem — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 58,000
- bluestem — a name applied to a number of North American prairie grasses
- brunizem — a type of dark prairie soil
9 letter words ending with em
- bethlehem — a town in the West Bank, near Jerusalem: birthplace of Jesus and early home of King David
- brainstem — the stalklike part of the brain consisting of the medulla oblongata, the midbrain, and the pons Varolii
- brummagem — something that is cheap and flashy, esp imitation jewellery
- chernozem — a black soil, rich in humus and carbonates, in cool or temperate semiarid regions, as the grasslands of Russia
- diasystem — a linguistic system forming a common denominator for a group or set of dialects.
10 letter words ending with em
- antemortem — made or done just before one's death
- carbapenem — (organic compound) Any of a class of broad-spectrum beta-lactam antibiotics that are resistant to enzymatic hydrolysis.
- minisystem — a set of hi-fi equipment in which the components are smaller than standard size
- mostaganem — a port in NW Algeria, on the Mediterranean Sea: exports wine, fruit, and vegetables. Pop: 133 000 (2005 est)
- mythologem — a basic theme, as of revenge, self-sacrifice, or betrayal, that is shared by cultures throughout the world.
11 letter words ending with em
- ante-mortem — (esp in legal or medical contexts) before death
- intersystem — an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
- macrosystem — A programming system in which small constructs (macros) represent groups of machine instructions.
- microsystem — A microscopic system, especially a system using microscopic electromechanical components.
- multisystem — Of or pertaining to more than one system (especially systems of computers).
12 letter words ending with em
13 letter words ending with em
16 letter words ending with em
- operating-system — the collection of software that directs a computer's operations, controlling and scheduling the execution of other programs, and managing storage, input/output, and communication resources. Abbreviation: OS.
- good for you/him/her/them — People say 'Good for you' to express approval of your actions.
17 letter words ending with em
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 693 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.