Words ending with el
3 letter words ending with el
- bel — a unit for comparing two power levels, equal to the logarithm to the base ten of the ratio of the two powers
- cel — a transparent celluloid sheet on which a character, scene, etc., is drawn or painted and which constitutes one frame in the filming of an animated cartoon: may be overlapped for change of background or foreground.
- del — the differential operator i(∂/∂x) + j(∂/∂y) + k(∂/∂z), where i, j, and k are unit vectors in the x, y, and z directions
- eel — any of numerous elongated, snakelike marine or freshwater fishes of the order Apodes, having no ventral fins.
- gel — Physical Chemistry. a semirigid colloidal dispersion of a solid with a liquid or gas, as jelly, glue, etc.
4 letter words ending with el
- abel — the second son of Adam and Eve, a shepherd, murdered by his brother Cain (Genesis 4:1–8)
- avel — (transitive, obsolete) To pull away.
- axel — a jump in which the skater takes off from the forward outside edge of one skate, makes one and a half, two and a half, or three and a half turns in the air, and lands on the backward outside edge of the other skate
- bael — a spiny Indian rutaceous tree, Aegle marmelos
- biel — a town in NW Switzerland, on Lake Biel. Pop: 48 655 (2000)
5 letter words ending with el
- accel — (music) accelerando.
- agnel — a gold coin of France of the 13th–16th centuries, bearing the figure of a lamb.
- angel — Angels are spiritual beings that some people believe are God's servants in heaven.
- appel — a stamp of the foot, used to warn of one's intent to attack
- ariel — an Arabian gazelle, Gazella arabica (or dama)
6 letter words ending with el
- aludel — a pear-shaped vessel, open at both ends, formerly used with similar vessels for collecting condensates, esp of subliming mercury
- arabel — a female given name.
- atweel — surely.
- awheel — on wheels
- azazel — a desert demon to whom the scapegoat bearing the sins of Israel was sent out once a year on the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16:1–28)
7 letter words ending with el
- aerogel — a colloid that has a continuous solid phase containing dispersed gas
- annabel — a feminine name
- apparel — Apparel means clothes, especially formal clothes worn on an important occasion.
- arundel — a town in S England, in West Sussex: 11th-century castle. Pop: 3297 (2001)
- askarel — any of the class of synthetic, nonflammable, liquid dielectrics used chiefly for insulation in transformers.
8 letter words ending with el
- al-gazel — Ghazzali.
- asphodel — any of various S European liliaceous plants of the genera Asphodelus and Asphodeline, having clusters of white or yellow flowers
- barbicel — any of the minute hooks on the barbules of feathers that interlock with those of adjacent barbules
- bechamel — a basic white sauce made of milk, butter, flour, and, sometimes, cream
- beseleel — Bezaleel.
9 letter words ending with el
- antinovel — a type of prose fiction in which conventional or traditional novelistic elements are rejected
- archangel — In the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions, an archangel is an angel of the highest rank.
- becquerel — Antoine Henri (ɑ̃twan ɑ̃ri). 1852–1908, French physicist, who discovered the photographic action of the rays emitted by uranium salts and so instigated the study of radioactivity: Nobel prize for physics 1903
- biodiesel — Biodiesel is fuel made from natural sources such as plant oils, that can be used in diesel engines.
- carrousel — carousel
10 letter words ending with el
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- ahithophel — a member of David's council, who became one of Absalom's advisers in his rebellion and hanged himself when his advice was overruled (II Samuel 15:12–17:23)
- antechapel — the outer part of a chapel at the west end
- aparthotel — a hotel in which self-catering service apartments are available for rent
- blastocoel — the cavity within a blastula
11 letter words ending with el
- backchannel — an unofficial or covert means of conveying information, originally or esp in political or diplomatic circles
- cold-chisel — to work upon (metal) with a cold chisel.
- cupronickel — any ductile corrosion-resistant copper alloy containing up to 40 per cent nickel: used in coins, condenser tubes, turbine blades, etc
- ferronickel — a ferroalloy containing up to 45 percent nickel.
- groenendael — former name of Belgian sheepdog.
12 letter words ending with el
- antiparallel — parallel but pointing in the opposite direction
- chlorospinel — a variety of spinel used as a gem, colored grass-green by the presence of copper.
- down-at-heel — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- four-channel — Audio. quadraphonic.
- glockenspiel — a musical instrument composed of a set of graduated steel bars mounted in a frame and struck with hammers, used especially in bands.
13 letter words ending with el
- antipersonnel — (of weapons, etc) designed to cause casualties to personnel rather than to destroy equipment or defences
- double-nickel — the national speed limit of 55 miles per hour as established in 1974 on U.S. highways.
- machine-steel — low-carbon steel that can be easily machined.
- mangel-wurzel — a variety of the beet Beta vulgaris, cultivated as food for livestock.
- norethynodrel — a progestin, C 2 0 H 2 6 O 2 , used in combination with an estrogen in some oral contraceptives.
14 letter words ending with el
- castrop-rauxel — an industrial city in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia. Pop: 78 208 (2003 est)
- cracker-barrel — rural; rustic; homespun
- gavel-to-gavel — from the opening to the closing of a formal session or series of sessions: gavel-to-gavel television coverage of the Congressional hearing.
- kastrop-rauxel — Castrop-Rauxel.
- mangold-wurzel — mangel-wurzel.
15 letter words ending with el
- pick-and-shovel — marked by drudgery; laborious: the pick-and-shovel work necessary to get a political campaign underway.
17 letter words ending with el
- mont-saint-michel — a rocky islet near the coast of NW France, in an inlet of the Gulf of St. Malo: famous abbey and fortress.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1580 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.