Words ending with eep
3 letter words ending with eep
- eep — (onomatopoeia) An expression of surprise or dismay.
4 letter words ending with eep
- beep — A beep is a short, loud sound like that made by a car horn or a telephone answering machine.
- deep — If something is deep, it extends a long way down from the ground or from the top surface of something.
- feep — /feep/ 1. The soft electronic "bell" sound of a display terminal (except for a VT-52); a beep (in fact, the microcomputer world seems to prefer beep). 2. To cause the display to make a feep sound. ASR-33s (the original TTYs) do not feep; they have mechanical bells that ring. Alternate forms: beep, "bleep", or just about anything suitably onomatopoeic. (Jeff MacNelly, in his comic strip "Shoe", uses the word "eep" for sounds made by computer terminals and video games; this is perhaps the closest written approximation yet.) The term "breedle" was sometimes heard at SAIL, where the terminal bleepers are not particularly soft (they sound more like the musical equivalent of a raspberry or Bronx cheer; for a close approximation, imagine the sound of a Star Trek communicator's beep lasting for five seconds). The "feeper" on a VT-52 has been compared to the sound of a '52 Chevy stripping its gears. See also ding.
- geep — the hybrid offspring of a goat and a sheep.
- heep — Uriah, Uriah Heep.
5 letter words ending with eep
- bleep — A bleep is a short, high-pitched sound, usually one of a series, that is made by an electrical device.
- cheep — the short weak high-pitched cry of a young bird; chirp
- creep — When people or animals creep somewhere, they move quietly and slowly.
- fweep — (WPI) One step below a gweep, a person who uses the system solely to play games and use electronic mail. Compare dweeb, twink, terminal junkie, tourist, weenie.
- gweep — /gweep/ To hack, usually at night, or one who does so. At WPI, from 1977 onward, gweeps could often be found at the College Computing Center punching cards or crashing the PDP-10 or, later, the DEC-20. The term has survived the demise of those technologies, however, and is still alive in late 1991. "I'm going to go gweep for a while. See you in the morning." "I gweep from 8 PM till 3 AM during the week." "Gweep" originated as an onomatopeiac term, evoking the sound of the (once-ubiquitous) Hazeltine 9000 terminals' bell on WPI campus. A gweep is one step above a fweep.
6 letter words ending with eep
- asleep — Someone who is asleep is sleeping.
- beweep — to grieve for by weeping
- streep — Meryl, original name Mary Louise Streep. born 1949, US actress. Her films include The Deer Hunter (1978), Kramer vs Kramer (1979), The French Lieutenant's Woman (1981), Sophie's Choice (1982), Out of Africa (1986), The Hours (2002), Mamma Mia! (2008), and The Iron Lady (2011)
- undeep — extending far down from the top or surface: a deep well; a deep valley.
- upkeep — the process or activity of providing an establishment, machine, person, etc., with necessary or proper maintenance, repairs, support, or the like: The machine's faulty operation shows that no one has attended to its upkeep.
7 letter words ending with eep
8 letter words ending with eep
9 letter words ending with eep
- antisleep — acting to prevent sleep
- cassareep — the juice of the bitter cassava root, boiled down to a syrup and used as a flavouring, esp in West Indian cookery
- coldsleep — A deep sleep during which the body is stored at very cold temperature, to preserve it; cryogenic sleep.
- cryosleep — (science fiction) A deep sleep during which the body is stored at very cold temperature, to preserve it; cryogenic sleep.
- eurocreep — the gradual introduction of the euro into use in Britain
10 letter words ending with eep
- ankle-deep — tall or deep enough to cover the ankles
- hypersleep — (scifi) A form of suspended animation in which the body's functions are not merely slowed down but halted entirely.
- microsleep — a moment of sleep followed by disorientation, experienced especially by persons suffering from narcolepsy or sleep deprivation.
- snow-creep — a continuous, slow, downhill movement of snow.
- undersleep — to take the rest afforded by a suspension of voluntary bodily functions and the natural suspension, complete or partial, of consciousness; cease being awake.
11 letter words ending with eep
12 letter words ending with eep
- chimneysweep — Alternative form of chimney sweep.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EEP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 127 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EEP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.