Words ending with ect
4 letter words ending with ect
- dect — Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications
- lect — (linguistics, sociolinguistics) A specific form of a language or language cluster: a language or a dialect.
- rect — receipt
- sect — a body of persons adhering to a particular religious faith; a religious denomination.
- clapham sect — a group of early 19th-century Church of England evangelicals advocating personal piety, the abolition of slavery, etc
5 letter words ending with ect
6 letter words ending with ect
- abject — You use abject to emphasize that a situation or quality is extremely bad.
- adject — (obsolete) To annex.
- advect — (of air, water) to move horizontally
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- arrect — (of animals' ears) pricked up
7 letter words ending with ect
8 letter words ending with ect
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- basilect — (in a region where creole is or has been spoken) the dialect closest to that creole and furthest removed from the most prestigious dialect (the acrolect) of the region
- codirect — to direct jointly
- coeffect — a secondary effect
- coinfect — to infect (a person or animal) at the same time as another infection
9 letter words ending with ect
- architect — An architect is a person who designs buildings.
- decathect — to withdraw one's feelings of attachment from (a person, idea, or object), as in anticipation of a future loss: He decathected from her in order to cope with her impending death.
- disaffect — to alienate the affection, sympathy, or support of; make discontented or disloyal: The dictator's policies had soon disaffected the people.
- disinfect — to cleanse (rooms, wounds, clothing, etc.) of infection; destroy disease germs in.
- ethnolect — A language variety specific to an ethnic group.
10 letter words ending with ect
11 letter words ending with ect
- aftereffect — The aftereffects of an event, experience, or substance are the conditions which result from it.
- autocorrect — a function that attempts to correct errors made by the user when entering text into an electronic device
- circumflect — to emphasize with a circumflex accent
- circumspect — If you are circumspect, you are cautious in what you do and say and do not take risks.
- counterfect — counterfeit
12 letter words ending with ect
- after-effect — The after-effects of an event, experience, or substance are the conditions which result from it.
- field-effect — designating or of an electronic component or device, esp. a transistor, controlled by an external electric field
- hypercorrect — overly correct; excessively fastidious; fussy: hypercorrect manners.
- interconnect — to connect with one another.
- misrecollect — to recall to mind; recover knowledge of by memory; remember.
13 letter words ending with ect
14 letter words ending with ect
- counterproject — an opposing project or scheme
- countersubject — (in a fugue) the theme in one voice that accompanies the statement of the subject in another
- letter-perfect — knowing one's part, lesson, or the like, perfectly.
- tyndall-effect — the visible path of light produced by the scattering action (Tyndall effect) of the particles in a colloidal solution on a beam of light passed through it.
15 letter words ending with ect
16 letter words ending with ect
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ECT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 395 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ECT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.