Words ending with ec
2 letter words ending with ec
3 letter words ending with ec
4 letter words ending with ec
5 letter words ending with ec
- aztec — a member of a Mexican Indian people who established a great empire, centred on the valley of Mexico, that was overthrown by Cortés and his followers in the early 16th century
- codec — a set of equipment that encodes an analogue speech or video signal into digital form for transmission purposes and at the receiving end decodes the digital signal into a form close to its original
- cosec — cosecant
- cumec — the unit of volumetric rate of flow, equal to one cubic metre per second
- cusec — a unit of flow equal to 1 cubic foot per second. 1 cusec is equivalent to 0.028 317 cubic metre per second
6 letter words ending with ec
- arcsec — 1⁄3600 of a degree of an angle
- chebec — least flycatcher
- fennec — a small, pale yellowish-brown fox, Fennecus zerda, of northern Africa, having large, pointed ears.
- malbec — a black grape originally grown in the Bordeaux region of France and now in Argentina and Chile, used for making wine
- mixtec — a member of an Amerindian people of Guerrero, Oaxaca, and Puebla, Mexico.
7 letter words ending with ec
- adaptec — (company) A company specialising in the aera of movement of data between computers. Adaptec designs hardware and software products to transfer data from a computer to a peripheral device or network. Founded in 1981, the company achieved profitability in 1984, went public in 1986, and to date has achieved 54 consecutive profitable quarters. Revenues for fiscal 1997 were $934 million, a 42% increase over the prior year. Net income, excluding acquisition charges, for fiscal year 1997 was $198 million or $1.72 per share.
- cenelec — Commission Européenne de Normalisation Électrique: the EU standards organization for electrical goods
- crombec — any African Old World warbler of the genus Sylvietta, having colourful plumage
- huastec — a member of an Indian people of Mexico.
- laennec — René Théophile Hyacinthe [ruh-ney tey-aw-feel ya-sant] /rəˈneɪ teɪ ɔˈfil yaˈsɛ̃t/ (Show IPA), 1781–1826, French physician who invented the stethoscope.
8 letter words ending with ec
- demi-sec — (of wine, esp champagne) medium-sweet
- forinsec — foreign
- hypothec — Roman and Civil Law. a mortgage or security held by a creditor on the property of a debtor without possession of it, created either by agreement or by operation of law.
- intertec — (company) The computer manufacturer that built the Superbrain. All Intertec systems were sold, installed and serviced by dealers. Intertec manufactured the entire product including designing and producing the circuit boards and molding the cabinets. Intertec's first products were terminals - a dumb terminal called "Intertube" and a smart terminal that emulated various common terminals (VT100 etc.) called "The Emulator". The terminals looked similar to the Superbrain, but smaller.
- kennebec — a river flowing S through W Maine to the Atlantic. 164 miles (264 km) long.
10 letter words ending with ec
- attoparsec — (unit, humour) About 31 mm (one inch). "atto-" is the standard SI prefix for multiplication by 10^-18. A parsec (parallax-second) is 3.26 light-years; an attoparsec is thus 3.26 * 10^-18 light years. Thus, one attoparsec per microfortnight is about one inch per second. This unit is reported to be in use (though probably not very seriously) among hackers in the UK.
- kiloparsec — a unit of distance, equal to 1000 parsecs. Abbreviation: kpc.
- megaparsec — one million parsecs.
- smart-alec — smart aleck.
11 letter words ending with ec
- chapultepec — a rocky hill in Mexico City: captured (Sept., 1847) in an American assault led by Gen. Winfield Scott in the Mexican War
- tehuantepec — Isthmus of, an isthmus in S Mexico, between the Gulf of Tehuantepec and the Gulf of Campeche. 125 miles (200 km) wide at its narrowest point.
- gulf of tehuantepec — an inlet of the Pacific on the south coast of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in S Mexico
- isthmus of tehuantepec — the narrowest part of S Mexico, with the Bay of Campeche on the north coast and the Gulf of Tehuantepec (an inlet of the Pacific) on the south coast
16 letter words ending with ec
- toulouse-lautrec — Henri Marie Raymond de [ahn-ree ma-ree re-mawn duh] /ɑ̃ˈri maˈri rɛˈmɔ̃ də/ (Show IPA), 1864–1901, French painter and lithographer.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in EC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 81 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in EC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.