Words ending with cid
3 letter words ending with cid
4 letter words ending with cid
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- scid — severe combined immune deficiency; a serious condition in which babies are born with reduced numbers of T- and B-lymphocytes, which impairs their immune systems and makes them susceptible to severe infections and cancer
- vcid — Virtual Circuit Identifier
- abietic acid — yellowish powder
- abscisic acid — a type of acid that causes abscission
5 letter words ending with cid
6 letter words ending with cid
- coccid — any homopterous insect of the superfamily Coccoidea, esp any of the family Coccidae, which includes the scale insects
- diacid — (of a salt or acid) containing two acidic hydrogen atoms
- muscid — belonging or pertaining to the Muscidae, the family of dipterous insects that includes the common housefly.
- placid — pleasantly calm or peaceful; unruffled; tranquil; serenely quiet or undisturbed: placid waters.
- psocid — any of numerous minute winged insects of the family Psocidae (order Psocoptera), including most of the common barklice, having mouth parts adapted for chewing and feeding on fungi, lichens, algae, decaying plant material, etc., and occurring on the bark of trees and the leaves of plants.
7 letter words ending with cid
- antacid — that neutralizes acids; counteracting acidity
- chalcid — any tiny hymenopterous insect of the family Chalcididae and related families, whose larvae are parasites of other insects
- culicid — any dipterous insect of the family Culicidae, which comprises the mosquitos
- flaccid — soft and limp; not firm; flabby: flaccid biceps.
- monacid — (chemistry) Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by a negative or acid atom or radical; capable of neutralizing a monobasic acid.
8 letter words ending with cid
- antiacid — Antacid.
- bombycid — any moth, including the silkworm moth, of the family Bombycidae, most of which occur in Africa and SE Asia
- characid — (zoology) Any member of the Characidae.
- dytiscid — any carnivorous aquatic beetle of the family Dytiscidae, having large flattened back legs used for swimming
- hydracid — an acid that does not contain oxygen, as hydrochloric acid, HCl.
9 letter words ending with cid
- aminoacid — Alternative spelling of amino acid.
- hyperacid — Highly acidic.
- tortricid — Also called tortrix [tawr-triks] /ˈtɔr trɪks/ (Show IPA). any of numerous moths of the family Tortricidae, comprising the leaf rollers, having broad, squarish, slightly fringed wings.
- tubificid — a threadlike aquatic annelid worm of the family Tubificidae
10 letter words ending with cid
- peroxyacid — an acid derived from hydrogen peroxide and containing the –O–O– group, as peroxysulfuric acid, H 2 S 2 O 8 .
- probenecid — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 1 3 H 1 9 NO 4 S, used chiefly in the treatment of gout.
- pseudoacid — a compound that is not an acid but which undergoes certain typical reactions of an acid
- translucid — translucent.
12 letter words ending with cid
- semipellucid — somewhat pellucid; partially translucent or transparent
13 letter words ending with cid
- carbolic-acid — Also called carbolic acid, hydroxybenzene, oxybenzene, phenylic acid. a white, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous mass, C 6 H 5 OH, obtained from coal tar, or a hydroxyl derivative of benzene: used chiefly as a disinfectant, as an antiseptic, and in organic synthesis.
15 letter words ending with cid
- pyrogallic-acid — a white, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous, solid, phenolic compound, C 6 H 3 (OH) 3 , obtained by heating gallic acid and water: used chiefly as a developer in photography, as a mordant for wool, in dyeing, and in medicine in the treatment of certain skin conditions.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in CID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 411 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in CID that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.