Words ending with ard
3 letter words ending with ard
- ard — A simple plough consisting of a spike dragged through the soil.
4 letter words ending with ard
- bard — People sometimes refer to William Shakespeare as the Bard.
- card — A card is a piece of stiff paper or thin cardboard on which something is written or printed.
- dard — a member of any of the Indo-European peoples speaking a Dardic language
- fard — facial cosmetics.
- gard — a department in S France. 2271 sq. mi. (5882 sq. km). Capital: Nîmes.
5 letter words ending with ard
- award — An award is a prize or certificate that a person is given for doing something well.
- beard — A man's beard is the hair that grows on his chin and cheeks.
- board — A board is a flat, thin, rectangular piece of wood or plastic which is used for a particular purpose.
- chard — Chard is a plant with a round root, large leaves, and a thick stalk.
- ecard — A computerized greeting card, typically hosted on a Web site to which the recipient is directed by an e-mail message.
6 letter words ending with ard
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- afeard — frightened; afraid
- asgard — the dwelling place of the principal gods, the Aesir
- aulard — François Victor Alphonse [frahn-swa veek-tawr al-fawns] /frɑ̃ˈswa vikˈtɔr alˈfɔ̃s/ (Show IPA), 1849–1928, French historian.
- batard — A loaf of bread similar in shape to a baguette, but shorter (6 to 12 inches in length).
7 letter words ending with ard
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- aleyard — yard-of-ale.
- appeard — Obsolete spelling of appeared.
- awkward — An awkward situation is embarrassing and difficult to deal with.
- aylward — Gladys. 1903–70, English missionary in China
8 letter words ending with ard
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abastard — To abastardize. (Attested from the early 17th century until the mid 17th century.).
- airboard — an inflatable board resembling a bodyboard that is used in the sport of airboarding
- aquitard — A semipermeable layer along an aquifer.
- armguard — a band of leather or other material worn about the wrist or lower part of the arm for protection and support.
9 letter words ending with ard
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- backboard — In basketball, the backboard is the flat board above each of the baskets.
- barnboard — barnwood.
- baseboard — A baseboard is a narrow length of wood which goes along the bottom of a wall in a room and makes a border between the walls and the floor.
- billboard — A billboard is a very large board on which posters are displayed.
10 letter words ending with ard
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- afterguard — a sailor or group of sailors stationed on the poop to attend to the aft sails
- astarboard — to or from the starboard side
- bargeboard — a board, often decorated with carved ornaments, placed along the gable end of a roof
- beauregard — P(ierre) G(ustave) T(outant) de1818-93; Confederate general
11 letter words ending with ard
- baudrillard — Jean. 1929–2007, French sociologist and theorist of postmodernism; his books include Seduction (1979), America (1986), and The Spirit of Terrorism (2002)
- beaverboard — a stiff light board of compressed wood fibre, used esp to surface partitions
- benderboard — pliable, lightweight board used for making concrete patios, in gardens, and as woven fencing: often 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) wide and 1/4 to 1/2 inch (0.6 to 1.2 cm) thick and made from California redwood.
- bridgeboard — a board on both sides of a staircase that is cut to support the treads and risers
- centerboard — a movable board or metal plate that, when lowered through a slot in the floor of a shallow-draft sailboat, functions like a keel to reduce leeward drift or increase stability, esp. one that moves on a pivot
12 letter words ending with ard
- antispinward — (often science fiction) In a rotating reference frame, against the direction of spin.
- bog-standard — If you describe something as bog-standard you mean that is an ordinary example of its kind, with no exciting or interesting features.
- cape-froward — Cape, a cape in S Chile, on the Strait of Magellan: southernmost point of mainland South America.
- carryforward — carry-over.
- checkerboard — A checkerboard is a square board with 64 black and white squares that is used for playing checkers or chess.
13 letter words ending with ard
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- daughterboard — a small circuit board that can be attached to the motherboard of a computer
- draughtsboard — The board on which draughts is played, resembling a chessboard but (depending on the game variation) often having a side length of ten squares rather than eight.
- flash-forward — a device in the narrative of a motion picture, novel, etc., by which a future event or scene is inserted into the chronological structure of the work.
- hawk-s--beard — any of various plants of the genus Crepis, of the daisy family, resembling the dandelion but having a branched stem with several flowers.
14 letter words ending with ard
15 letter words ending with ard
16 letter words ending with ard
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- inboard-outboard — Also, outdrive, stern-drive. (of a motorboat) having an inboard engine connected to a maneuverable outboard drive-shaft unit.
- nusslein-volhard — Christiane [kris-tee-ah-nuh,, kris-tyah-] /ˌkrɪs tiˈɑ nə,, krɪsˈtyɑ-/ (Show IPA), born 1942, German biologist: Nobel prize 1995.
18 letter words ending with ard
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ARD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1310 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ARD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.