Words ending with ara
3 letter words ending with ara
- ara — a constellation in the S hemisphere near Scorpius
4 letter words ending with ara
- bara — Theda [thee-duh] /ˈθi də/ (Show IPA), (Theodosia Goodman) 1890–1955, U.S. actress.
- cara — a female given name: from an Italian word meaning “dear one.”.
- kara — (Sikhism) The bangle worn by Sikhs, to remind the wearer to do God's work, and one of the five Ks.
- lara — Brian Charles. born 1969,Trinidadian cricketer: scored 11,953 runs in 131 test matches (1990–2006) for the West Indies; holder of records for highest individual score in first-class cricket (501 not out for Warwickshire, 1994) and for highest test innings (400 not out against England, 2004)
- mara — Hindu Mythology. the god of death, sometimes seen as one aspect of a god whose other aspect is Kama, or erotic desire.
5 letter words ending with ara
- acara — Any of a number of Central American and South American freshwater fish in the family Cichlidae.
- afara — a tall W African hardwood tree
- ceara — a state of NE Brazil: sandy coastal plain, rising to a high plateau. Capital: Fortaleza. Pop: 7 654 535 (2002). Area: 150 630 sq km (58 746 sq miles)
- chara — a genus of algae characterized by plant-like features and found particularly in freshwater areas with a high calcium content
- clara — a feminine name: var. Clare, Clarice, Clarissa; equiv. Fr. Claire
6 letter words ending with ara
- akhara — (in India) a gymnasium
- amhara — a region of NW Ethiopia: formerly a kingdom
- angara — a river in S Russia, in Siberia, flowing from Lake Baikal north and west to the Yenisei River: important for hydroelectric power. Length: 1840 km (1150 miles)
- ankara — the capital of Turkey: an ancient city in the Anatolian highlands: first a capital in the 3rd century bc, in the Celtic kingdom of Galatia. Pop: 3 593 000 (2005 est)
- antara — a type of panpipes native to the Andes, made of clay and tuned in the pentatonic scale
7 letter words ending with ara
- arikara — a member of a North American Indian people living along the Missouri River in W North Dakota
- baccara — a gambling game at cards played by a banker and two or more punters who bet against the banker.
- bambara — a member of a Negroid people of W Africa living chiefly in Mali and by the headwaters of the River Niger in Guinea
- barbara — a feminine name: dim. Babs, Barb, Barbie; var. Barbra, Babette
- bokhara — Bukhara.
8 letter words ending with ara
- ahankara — the false identification of the purusha, or true inner self, with the body, the mind, or the outside world.
- barabara — an Alaskan or north Siberian semisubterranean house built of sod or turf.
- bhatpara — a city in NE India, in West Bengal on the Hooghly River: jute and cotton mills. Pop: 441 956 (2001)
- capibara — a South American tailless rodent, Hydrochaeris hydrochaeris, living along the banks of rivers and lakes, having partly webbed feet: the largest living rodent.
- capybara — the largest rodent: a pig-sized amphibious hystricomorph, Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris, resembling a guinea pig and inhabiting river banks in Central and South America: family Hydrochoeridae
9 letter words ending with ara
- alcántara — a town in W Spain: a Roman bridge spans the River Tagus. Pop: 1739 (2003 est)
- carbonara — a sauce, containing cream, bacon, cheese and egg, that is usually served with pasta
- connemara — a barren coastal region of W Republic of Ireland, in Co Galway: consists of quartzite mountains, peat bogs, and many lakes; noted for its breed of pony originating from the hilly regions
- digambara — the earlier of the two principal Jain sects, whose members went naked.
- dulcamara — a type of vine with orange fruit and purple flowers that is a member of the Solanaceae family
10 letter words ending with ara
- pratyahara — the Yogic practice of turning the mind to introspection by voluntarily shutting out distractions provided by the senses.
- quadripara — A female which has borne four offspring.
- quintipara — A female that has borne five offspring.
- sagamihara — a city on E central Honshu, in Japan, SW of Tokyo.
- svetambara — one of the two principal Jain sects, whose members wear white and believe that women can attain salvation.
11 letter words ending with ara
13 letter words ending with ara
14 letter words ending with ara
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ARA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 160 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ARA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.