Words ending with ant
3 letter words ending with ant
- ant — Ants are small crawling insects that live in large groups.
- agricultural ant — harvester ant.
- amazon ant — any of several small reddish ants of the genus Polyergus, esp P. rufescens, that enslave the young of other ant species
- argentine ant — a small brown ant, Iridomyrmex humilis, introduced into the southern U.S. from South America: a household and fruit pest.
- army ant — any of various mainly tropical American predatory ants of the subfamily Dorylinae, which live in temporary nests and travel in vast hordes preying on other animals
4 letter words ending with ant
5 letter words ending with ant
- avant — (obsolete) The front of an army; the vanguard.
- brant — a small goose, Branta bernicla, that has a dark grey plumage and short neck and occurs in most northern coastal regions
- chant — A chant is a word or group of words that is repeated over and over again.
- giant — (in folklore) a being with human form but superhuman size, strength, etc.
- grant — to bestow or confer, especially by a formal act: to grant a charter.
6 letter words ending with ant
- actant — (in valency grammar) a noun phrase functioning as the agent of the main verb of a sentence
- arhant — a Buddhist who has attained Nirvana through rigorous discipline and ascetic practices. Compare Bodhisattva.
- arrant — Arrant is used to emphasize that something or someone is very bad in some way.
- askant — askance
- aslant — at a slant
7 letter words ending with ant
8 letter words ending with ant
9 letter words ending with ant
10 letter words ending with ant
11 letter words ending with ant
- acquaintant — (rare) An acquaintance.
- agglutinant — sticking together; adhesive
- antifeedant — a chemical agent that causes a pest, as an insect, to stop eating.
- antifoggant — a chemical that prevents or minimizes fogging.
- antioxidant — An antioxidant is a substance which slows down the damage that can be caused to other substances by the effects of oxygen. Foods which contain antioxidants are thought to be very good for you.
12 letter words ending with ant
- administrant — a person who administers
- antimilitant — opposing military power, especially its increase or development or the influence of military leaders.
- bipropellant — a rocket propellant consisting of two substances, usually a fuel and an oxidizer
- blackcurrant — In Europe, blackcurrants are a type of very small, dark purple fruits that grow in bunches on bushes.
- concelebrant — each of the priests celebrating the Eucharist or Mass jointly
13 letter words ending with ant
14 letter words ending with ant
- allotransplant — allograft.
- anti-desiccant — a substance or material applied to a plant, as by spraying, to inhibit moisture loss during transplanting.
- anti-stimulant — Physiology, Medicine/Medical. something that temporarily quickens some vital process or the functional activity of some organ or part: Adrenalin is a stimulant for the heart. Compare depressant (def 4).
- anticonvulsant — any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- antidepressant — An antidepressant is a drug which is used to treat people who are suffering from depression.
15 letter words ending with ant
- antiremonstrant — the party that opposed the Remonstrants
- antitranspirant — any substance that decreases transpiration and, usually, photosynthesis
- chemoattractant — a chemical substance that provokes chemotaxis, esp one that causes a bacterium to move in the direction in which its concentration is increasing
- child-resistant — that resists being opened, tampered with, or damaged by a child; childproof: a child-resistant medicine cabinet.
- counterclaimant — a claim made to offset another claim, especially one made by the defendant in a legal action.
16 letter words ending with ant
- crease-resistant — (of a fabric, garment, etc) designed to remain uncreased when subjected to wear or use
- sharia-compliant — (of a product or service) produced or offered in accordance with the doctrines of the sharia
- tamper-resistant — difficult to tamper with: a tamper-resistant cap on a medicine bottle.
17 letter words ending with ant
- benjamin-constant — Henri Benjamin [ahn-ree ban-zha-man] /ɑ̃ˈri bɛ̃ ʒaˈmɛ̃/ (Show IPA), (Benjamin Constant) 1767–1830, French statesman and author, born in Switzerland.
- immunosuppressant — (pharmacology) Capable of immunosuppression, immunosuppressive.
- weather-resistant — resisting the effects of severe weather, as rain or cold: weather-resistant cloth for topcoats.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ANT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1413 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ANT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.