Words ending with ame
4 letter words ending with ame
- bame — Black, Asian, and minority ethnic
- came — Came is the past tense of come.
- dame — Dame is a title given to a woman as a special honour because of important service or work that she has done.
- fame — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- game — an amusement or pastime: children's games.
5 letter words ending with ame
- arame — a dark brown or black seaweed, Eisenia bicyclis (or Ecklonia bicyclis), that is used in Japanese cuisine
- blame — If you blame a person or thing for something bad, you believe or say that they are responsible for it or that they caused it.
- brame — a fierce passion or vexation
- cname — (networking) The canonical name query type for Domain Name System. This query asks a DNS server for a host's official hostname.
- crame — a merchant's booth or stall at a market
6 letter words ending with ame
- aflame — If something is on fire, you can say it is aflame.
- agname — a name that is used in addition to a first name and surname
- ashame — to cause to feel ashamed
- athame — (in Wicca) a witch's ceremonial knife, usually with a black handle, used in rituals rather than for cutting or carving
- became — Became is the past tense of become.
7 letter words ending with ame
8 letter words ending with ame
- airframe — the body of an aircraft, excluding its engines
- ballgame — any game played with a ball
- basename — (file system) The name of a file which, in contrast to a pathname, does not mention any of the directories containing the file. Examples:
- bedframe — the framework of a bed
- big-name — having a widespread public reputation as a leader in a specified field; famous: a big-name doctor; a big-name actress.
9 letter words ending with ame
- advergame — an online video game that promotes a particular brand, product, or marketing message by integrating it into the game.
- aftergame — a game following a previous game, often intended to reverse the fortunes of that previous game
- aspartame — an artificial sweetener produced from aspartic acid. Formula: C14H18N2O5
- birthname — a name given at birth
- blackgame — a large grouse found in northern Europe and Asia
10 letter words ending with ame
- brand-name — having or being a brand name: nationally known brand-name food products.
- burlingame — Anson [an-suh n] /ˈæn sən/ (Show IPA), 1820–70, U.S. diplomat.
- first-name — of or relating to one's first, or given, name; familiar; intimate: They were on a first-name basis soon after meeting.
- interframe — (signal processing) A video frame which is compressed to express only the change from a reference frame.
- intraframe — (signal processing) A video frame which does not depend on any other frame for rendering, but simply presents fixed image. Usually subject to spatial compression.
11 letter words ending with ame
12 letter words ending with ame
- call-by-name — (reduction) (CBN) (Normal order reduction, leftmost, outermost reduction). An argument passing convention (first provided by ALGOL 60?) where argument expressions are passed unevaluated. This is usually implemented by passing a pointer to a thunk - some code which will return the value of the argument and an environment giving the values of its free variables. This evaluation strategy is guaranteed to reach a normal form if one exists. When used to implement functional programming languages, call-by-name is usually combined with graph reduction to avoid repeated evaluation of the same expression. This is then known as call-by-need. The opposite of call-by-name is call-by-value where arguments are evaluated before they are passed to a function. This is more efficient but is less likely to terminate in the presence of infinite data structures and recursive functions. Arguments to macros are usually passed using call-by-name.
- freeze-frame — an optical effect or technique in which a single frame of film is reprinted in a continuous series, which when shown gives the effect of a still photograph.
- whatshername — A female person or entity, whose name one does not remember but that is known to the person to which one is speaking.
- whatshisname — Used to refer to a person whose name one cannot recall, does not know, or does not wish to specify.
15 letter words ending with ame
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AME. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 364 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AME that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.