Words ending with aine
4 letter words ending with aine
- aîné — the eldest or most senior
5 letter words ending with aine
- caine — Sir Michael. real name Maurice Micklewhite. born 1933, British film actor. His films include The Ipcress File (1965), Get Carter (1971), Educating Rita (1983), Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), and The Cider House Rules (1999)
- faine — Obsolete spelling of fane.
- laine — (Sussex) an area of arable land at the foot of a hill.
- maine — a state in the NE United States, on the Atlantic coast. 33,215 sq. mi. (86,027 sq. km). Capital: Augusta. Abbreviation: ME (for use with zip code), Me.
- paine — Albert Bigelow [big-uh-loh] /ˈbɪg əˌloʊ/ (Show IPA), 1861–1937, U.S. author and editor.
6 letter words ending with aine
- againe — Obsolete spelling of again.
- blaine — James G(illespie)1830-93; U.S. statesman: secretary of state (1881, 1889-92)
- braine — John (Gerard). 1922–86, English novelist, whose works include Room at the Top (1957) and Life at the Top (1962)
- chaine — (in dancing) relating to the movement in which a full rotation is made for every two steps taken
- draine — (obsolete) The missel thrush.
7 letter words ending with aine
- aubaine — (historical, legal) succession to the goods of a stranger not naturalized.
- bazaine — François Achille [frahn-swa a-sheel] /frɑ̃ˈswa aˈʃil/ (Show IPA), 1811–88, French general and marshal.
- betaine — a sweet-tasting alkaloid that occurs in the sugar beet and other plants and in animals. Formula: C5H11NO2
- cacaine — (archaic, chemistry) The essential principle of cacao, now called theobromine.
- cocaine — Cocaine is a powerful drug which some people take for pleasure, but which they can become addicted to.
8 letter words ending with aine
- captaine — Obsolete spelling of captain.
- darraine — clear of guilt
- disdaine — Obsolete spelling of disdain.
- douzaine — a bet in roulette on 12 numbers simultaneously so as to share in any that win.
- fontaine — Henri [French ahn-ree] /French ɑ̃ˈri/ (Show IPA), 1854–1943, Belgian statesman: Nobel Peace Prize 1913.
9 letter words ending with aine
- aquitaine — a region of SW France, on the Bay of Biscay: a former Roman province and medieval duchy. It is generally flat in the west, rising to the slopes of the Massif Central in the northeast and the Pyrenees in the south; mainly agricultural
- coleraine — a town in N Northern Ireland, in Coleraine district, Co Antrim, on the River Bann; light industries; university (1965). Pop: 24 089 (2001)
- copataine — (of a hat) high-crowned
- dibucaine — a compound, C 20 H 29 N 3 O 2 , used as a local and spinal anesthetic.
- lidocaine — a synthetic crystalline powder, C 14 H 22 N 2 O, used as a local anesthetic and also in the management of certain arrhythmias.
10 letter words ending with aine
- benzocaine — a white crystalline ester used as a local anaesthetic; ethyl para-aminobenzoate. Formula: C9H11NO2
- chatelaine — A chatelaine is the female owner, or the wife of the owner, of a castle or large country house.
- entertaine — Obsolete spelling of entertain.
- leucomaine — any of a group of toxic amines produced during animal metabolism
- lignocaine — lidocaine.
11 letter words ending with aine
12 letter words ending with aine
13 letter words ending with aine
- bellefontaine — a city in W Ohio.
15 letter words ending with aine
16 letter words ending with aine
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AINE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 89 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AINE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.