Words ending with ah
2 letter words ending with ah
- ah — Ah is used in writing to represent a noise that people make in conversation, for example to acknowledge or draw attention to something, or to express surprise or disappointment.
3 letter words ending with ah
- aah — to exclaim in pleasure or surprise
- bah — 'Bah' is used in writing to represent a noise that people make in order to express contempt, disappointment, or annoyance.
- dah — the long sound used in combination with the short sound dit, in the spoken representation of Morse and other telegraphic codes
- fah — (music) An anglicised spelling of fa.
- gah — Used to express exasperation or dismay.
4 letter words ending with ah
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- amah — (in the East, esp formerly) a nurse or maidservant, esp one of Chinese origin
- ayah — (in the East, Africa, and other parts of the former British Empire) a maidservant, nursemaid, or governess, esp one of Indian or Malay origin
- blah — You use blah, blah, blah to refer to something that is said or written without giving the actual words, because you think that they are boring or unimportant.
- heah — Eye dialect of here.
5 letter words ending with ah
- admah — one of the cities that was destroyed along with Sodom and Gomorrah. Deut. 29:23.
- adnah — a Manassite deserter from Saul's to David's army. I Chron. 12:20.
- allah — Allah is the name of God in Islam.
- almah — an Egyptian dancing girl or singer, who entertains or mourns professionally
- alvah — a masculine name: var. ˈAlvan (ˈælvən ) ; alˈvən)
6 letter words ending with ah
- achsah — the daughter of Caleb who was promised in marriage to the conqueror of the city of Debir. Josh. 15:16–19; Judges 1:12–15.
- akedah — the Biblical story known as the Binding of Isaac, Genesis 22:1-24
- aliyah — immigration to the Holy Land
- amidah — the central prayer in each of the daily services, recited silently and standing
- aminah — a female given name: from an Arabic word meaning “honest and faithful.”.
7 letter words ending with ah
- aggadah — a homiletic passage of the Talmud
- ahaziah — a son of Ahab and his successor as king of Israel, reigned 853?–852? b.c. I Kings 22:40.
- alannah — my child: used as a term of address or endearment
- almirah — a large Indian cupboard or cabinet, often of carved wood
- amaziah — a son and successor of Joash as king of Judah. II Kings 14.
8 letter words ending with ah
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- adonijah — a son of David, put to death at the order of Solomon. II Sam. 3:4; I Kings 2:19–25.
- athaliah — a daughter of Ahab and Jezebel and usurper of the throne of Judah, reigned 842–837 b.c. II Kings 11:1–3.
- berachah — berakhah.
- berakhah — a blessing or benediction, usually recited according to a traditional formula.
9 letter words ending with ah
- aggadatah — any traditional homiletic interpretation of scripture
- al-hillah — Hilla.
- ayatollah — An ayatollah is a type of Muslim religious leader.
- bahaullah — Husayn ʿAlī Mīrzā.
- bismillah — the words which preface all except one of the surahs of the Koran, used by Muslims as a blessing before eating or some other action
10 letter words ending with ah
- ahmadiyyah — a messianic Islamic sect founded in Qadian, India, in 1889 by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; it split into two branches in 1914
- baha'ullah — title of Mirza Hosein Ali. 1817–92, Persian religious leader: originally a Shiite Muslim, later a disciple of the Bab; founder of the Baha'í Faith
- basmitzvah — in the Jewish religion, a girl attaining the age (usuALLU 12) of religious responsibility
- dahabeeyah — Alt form dahabieh.
- halleluiah — an exclamation of “hallelujah!”.
11 letter words ending with ah
- deganawidah — ("The Peacemaker") flourished 1550–1600, Huron prophet, cofounder of the Iroquois Confederacy.
12 letter words ending with ah
14 letter words ending with ah
- blah-blah-blah — and so on; and so forth.
15 letter words ending with ah
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 415 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.