Words ending with ae
3 letter words ending with ae
4 letter words ending with ae
5 letter words ending with ae
- -idae — indicating names of zoological families
- -inae — occurring in names of zoological subfamilies
- aegae — ancient name of Edessa, a market town in Greece: ancient capital of Macedonia. Pop: 15 980 (latest est)
- algae — Algae is a type of plant with no stems or leaves that grows in water or on damp surfaces.
- ansae — Archaeology. a looped handle, especially of a vase.
6 letter words ending with ae
- -aceae — denoting plants belonging to a family
- agapae — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- alulae — Plural form of alula.
- amebae — any of numerous freshwater, marine, or parasitic one-celled protozoa of the order Amoebida, characterized by a granular nucleus surrounded by a jellylike mass of cytoplasm that forms temporary extensions, or pseudopodia, by which the organism moves, engulfs food particles, and forms food vacuoles.
- belgae — an ancient Celtic people who in Roman times inhabited present-day Belgium and N France
7 letter words ending with ae
- alumnae — a woman who is a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
- amoebae — ameba.
- aphthae — Plural form of aphtha.
- aporiae — Rhetoric. the expression of a simulated or real doubt, as about where to begin or what to do or say.
- areolae — a ring of color, as around the human nipple.
8 letter words ending with ae
- -phyceae — seaweed
- aciculae — Plural form of acicula.
- alveolae — a small cavity, cell, or pit on the surface of an organ.
- amphorae — a large two-handled storage jar having an oval body, usually tapering to a point at the base, with a pair of handles extending from immediately below the lip to the shoulder: used chiefly for oil, wine, etc., and, set on a foot, as a commemorative vase awarded the victors in contests such as the Panathenaic games.
- ampullae — Anatomy. a dilated portion of a canal or duct, especially of the semicircular canals of the ear.
9 letter words ending with ae
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- amygdalae — Plural form of amygdala.
- ballistae — an ancient military engine for throwing stones or other missiles.
- branchiae — the gills of an aquatic animal
- cercariae — Plural form of cercaria.
10 letter words ending with ae
- arborvitae — any of a number of N. American or Far Eastern evergreen conifers, belonging chiefly to the genus Thuja
- cerevisiae — (informal) The species Saccharomyces cerevisiae, or brewer's yeast.
- chelicerae — one member of the first pair of usually pincerlike appendages of spiders and other arachnids.
- chlamydiae — the sexually transmitted diseases that are due to the microorganism Chlamydia trachomatis
- columellae — Plural form of columella.
11 letter words ending with ae
12 letter words ending with ae
13 letter words ending with ae
- metacercariae — the encysted larva of a trematode, usually found in or on an aquatic intermediate host.
- microfilariae — the embryonic larva of the nematode parasite Filaria or of related genera, especially of those species that cause heartworm in dogs and elephantiasis in humans.
- pedicellariae — one of the minute pincerlike structures common to starfish and sea urchins, used for cleaning and to capture tiny prey.
- turangawaewae — the area that is a person's home
- zooxanthellae — any of various symbiotic yellow-green or yellow–brown algae in the cytoplasm of certain radiolarians and marine invertebrates.
14 letter words ending with ae
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 302 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.