Words ending with ad
2 letter words ending with ad
- ad — You use AD in dates to indicate the number of years or centuries that have passed since the year in which Jesus Christ is believed to have been born. Compare BC.
- attack ad — a public notice, such as a printed display or a short film on television, in which a political party criticizes or abuses an opponent
- banner ad — A banner ad is a large advertisement on a website that stretches across the top or down the side of the window. It usually contains a link to the advertiser's website.
- classified ad — Classified ads or classified advertisements are small advertisements in a newspaper or magazine. They are usually from a person or small company.
- display ad — an advertisement, in a newspaper or other publication, often using special attention-getting devices, as large size, display type, and illustrations.
3 letter words ending with ad
- aad — (Geordie) old.
- bad — If you say that it is bad that something happens, you mean it is unacceptable, unfortunate, or wrong.
- cad — CAD refers to the use of computer software in the design of things such as cars, buildings, and machines. CAD is an abbreviation for 'computer aided design'.
- dad — Your dad is your father. You can call your dad 'Dad'.
- fad — a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., especially one followed enthusiastically by a group.
4 letter words ending with ad
- acad — Abbreviation of academy.
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- arad — a city in W Romania, on the Mureş River: became part of Romania after World War I, after belonging successively to Turkey, Austria, and Hungary. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- bead — Beads are small pieces of coloured glass, wood, or plastic with a hole through the middle. Beads are often put together on a piece of string or wire to make jewellery.
- blad — a flier or other promotional material distributed by a company to sell a product.
5 letter words ending with ad
- abjad — (linguistics) A writing system, similar to a syllabary, in which there is one glyph (that is a symbol or letter) for each consonant or consonantal phoneme. Some languages that use abjads are Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Urdu. Abjads differ from syllabaries (such as the Japanese hiragana) in that the vowel quality of each letter is left unspecified, and must be inferred from context and grammar.
- accad — Akkad
- achad — Akkad.
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- akkad — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
6 letter words ending with ad
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- abread — (UK dialectal, chiefly, Scotland) Abroad.
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
- alidad — Archaic form of alidade.
- aoudad — a wild mountain sheep, Ammotragus lervia, of N Africa, having horns curved in a semicircle and long hair covering the neck and forelegs
7 letter words ending with ad
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- airhead — If you describe someone, especially a young woman, as an airhead, you are critical of them because you think they are not at all clever and are interested only in unimportant things.
- almohad — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa during the 12th and 13th centuries.
- anconad — (anatomy) located towards the elbow.
- anyroad — anyway; anyhow.
8 letter words ending with ad
9 letter words ending with ad
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- addlehead — (colloquial) A foolish or dull-witted person.
- afterload — (physiology) The load on a working muscle from a constant opposing force.
- ahmedabad — a city in W India, in Gujarat: famous for its mosque. Pop: 3 515 361 (2001)
- allahabad — a city in N India, in SE Uttar Pradesh at the confluence of the Ganges and Jumna Rivers: Hindu pilgrimage centre. Pop: 990 298 (2001)
10 letter words ending with ad
- armor-clad — covered with armor
- aurangabad — city in central Maharashtra, W India: pop. 573,000
- barrelhead — the round and flat end of a barrel
- beetlehead — a person of low intelligence
- billethead — a carved ornamental scroll or volute terminating a stem or cutwater at its upper end in place of a figurehead.
11 letter words ending with ad
12 letter words ending with ad
- centrolinead — a drafting instrument for drawing lines converging on a vanishing point outside the drawing.
- counterplead — to plead the opposite of
- death's-head — a human skull or a representation of one
- fountainhead — a fountain or spring from which a stream flows; the head or source of a stream.
- griddlebread — bread or cake made on a griddle
13 letter words ending with ad
14 letter words ending with ad
- balm-of-gilead — any of several plants of the genus Commiphora, especially C. opobalsamum and C. meccanensis, which yield a fragrant oleoresin.
- straight-ahead — not deviating from what is usual or expected; conventional or traditional; standard: a straight-ahead novel with a happy ending.
- tetraethyllead — a colorless, oily, water-insoluble, poisonous liquid, (C 2 H 5) 4 Pb, used as an antiknock agent in gasoline.
- voroshilovgrad — a city in E Ukraine, in the Donets Basin.
15 letter words ending with ad
16 letter words ending with ad
- micro-microfarad — picofarad. Symbol: μμF.
18 letter words ending with ad
- middle-of-the-road — favoring, following, or characterized by an intermediate position between two extremes, especially in politics; moderate.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in AD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1321 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in AD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.