Words ending with able
4 letter words ending with able
- able — Someone who is able is very clever or very good at doing something.
5 letter words ending with able
- cable — A cable is a thick wire, or a group of wires inside a rubber or plastic covering, which is used to carry electricity or electronic signals.
- fable — a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters; apologue: the fable of the tortoise and the hare; Aesop's fables.
- gable — (William) Clark, 1901–60, U.S. film actor.
- mable — a female given name.
- american sable — the brown fur of the American marten, Martes americana
6 letter words ending with able
- arable — Arable farming involves growing crops such as wheat and barley rather than keeping animals or growing fruit and vegetables. Arable land is land that is used for arable farming.
- diable — a type of brown sauce, typically made with wine, shallots, vinegar, herbs, and black and/or cayenne pepper
- doable — capable of being done.
- inable — (obsolete, now nonstandard) Unable, not able.
- liable — legally responsible: You are liable for the damage caused by your action.
7 letter words ending with able
8 letter words ending with able
- abatable — able to be abated
- abusable — able to be abused
- adorable — If you say that someone or something is adorable, you are emphasizing that they are very attractive and you feel great affection for them.
- amenable — If you are amenable to something, you are willing to do it or accept it.
- amicable — When people have an amicable relationship, they are pleasant to each other and solve their problems without quarrelling.
9 letter words ending with able
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- accruable — having the ability to be accrued
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adherable — having the ability to adhere
10 letter words ending with able
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
- absorbable — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptable — Acceptable activities and situations are those that most people approve of or consider to be normal.
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- acquirable — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
11 letter words ending with able
- abhominable — abominable.
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- allocatable — that can be allocated.
- amortizable — Finance. to liquidate or extinguish (a mortgage, debt, or other obligation), especially by periodic payments to the creditor or to a sinking fund. to write off a cost of (an asset) gradually.
12 letter words ending with able
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- announceable — to make known publicly or officially; proclaim; give notice of: to announce a special sale.
- approachable — If you describe someone as approachable, you think that they are friendly and easy to talk to.
13 letter words ending with able
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- anticipatable — capable of being anticipated
- apportionable — to distribute or allocate proportionally; divide and assign according to some rule of proportional distribution: to apportion expenses among the three men.
- ascertainable — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
- biodegradable — Something that is biodegradable breaks down or decays naturally without any special scientific treatment, and can therefore be thrown away without causing pollution.
14 letter words ending with able
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- commissionable — the act of committing or entrusting a person, group, etc., with supervisory power or authority.
- complimentable — Archaic. a gift; present.
- differentiable — capable of being differentiated.
- discomfortable — an absence of comfort or ease; uneasiness, hardship, or mild pain.
15 letter words ending with able
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- hendecasyllable — a word or line of verse of 11 syllables.
- incommensurable — not commensurable; having no common basis, measure, or standard of comparison.
16 letter words ending with able
- inextinguishable — not extinguishable: an inextinguishable fire.
- machine-readable — of or relating to data encoded on an appropriate medium and in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- non-attributable — to regard as resulting from a specified cause; consider as caused by something indicated (usually followed by to): She attributed his bad temper to ill health.
- non-extraditable — capable of being extradited; subject to extradition: an extraditable person.
- non-quantifiable — to determine, indicate, or express the quantity of.
17 letter words ending with able
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- indistinguishable — not distinguishable.
- intertranslatable — to turn from one language into another or from a foreign language into one's own: to translate Spanish.
- non-biodegradable — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
18 letter words ending with able
- non-understandable — capable of being understood; comprehensible.
19 letter words ending with able
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ABLE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2772 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ABLE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.