Words that end in 2pak
Maybe these words will be useful:
- p2p — (networking) 1. The kind of communication found in a system using layered protocols. Each software or hardware component can be considered to communicate only with its peer in the same layer via the connection provided by the lower layers. 2. A decentralised file sharing system like BitTorrent, Gnutella or Kazaa where computers that download data also store that data and serve it to other downloaders. This increases the total bandwidth available in proportion to the number of users and so reduces download time. It also improves resilience by providing multiple redundant sources for the same data. This contrasts with client-server where all clients download the data from a single server (or mirror), sharing its fixed bandwidth. Peer-to-peer networks are typically ad-hoc and rely on users sharing the content they have downloaded for the benefit of other users. Users who fail to do this are called "leaches". A "seed" is a node on a peer-to-peer network that is sharing a complete copy of a file, as opposed to other nodes that may only have some of the parts into which the file has been split.
- ieee 802 — (networking, standard) The IEEE standards for local area networks. The spanning tree algorithm is defined in IEEE 802.1 (under consideration), Logical Link Control (LLC, the upper portion of the data link layer) in IEEE 802.2, Ethernet in IEEE 802.3, Token Bus in IEEE 802.4 and IBM Token Ring in IEEE 802.5. The equivalent ISO standard is IS 8802.
- ieee 802.2 — (Networks) The IEEE standard defining Logical Link Control (LLC, the upper portion of the data link layer) for local area networks.
- occam 2 — (language) An extension of occam produced in 1987. Occam 2 adds floating-point, functions and a type system.
- ac2 — (audio) An audio format, succeded by AC3.
- cint92 — SPEC CINT92
- objective modula-2 — (language) (Or "ObjM2") An extension to Modula-2 for Cocoa and GNUstep software development. Objective Modula-2 follows the Objective-C object model and retains the bracketed Smalltalk message passing syntax used in Objective-C. Classes written in ObjM2 can be used within ObjC and vice versa. ObjM2 also retains Modula-2's data encapsulation features, namely nested modules with explicit import and export lists. Due to the strict type checking in Modula-2, ObjM2 can be considered a much safer programming language than is ObjC, yet losing none of the capabilities of ObjC.
- simple network management protocol version 2 — (protocol) (SNMP v2) A revision of Simple Network Management Protocol (not just a new MIB) which includes improvements in the areas of performance, security, confidentiality, and manager-to-manager communications. The major components of SNMPv2 are defined in the following RFCs:
- wa-12 — Workflow Analysis in 12 different organisations. A project from the Department of Computer Science from the University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands. The final report of this project is available to the public (ISBN 90-365-0683-2).