Words containing x
2 letter words containing x
3 letter words containing x
- aix — Advanced Interactive eXecutive
- aux — auxiliary
- axa — Achsah.
- axe — An axe is a tool used for cutting wood. It consists of a heavy metal blade which is sharp at one edge and attached by its other edge to the end of a long handle.
- bax — Sir Arnold (Edward Trevor). 1883–1953, English composer of romantic works, often based on Celtic legends, including the tone poem Tintagel (1917)
4 letter words containing x
- ajax — the son of Telamon; a Greek hero of the Trojan War who killed himself in vexation when Achilles' armour was given to Odysseus
- alex — a male given name, form of Alexander.
- amex — American Express
- anax — one of the Gigantes and father of Asterius.
- apex — An Apex or an Apex ticket is a ticket for a journey by air or rail which costs less than the standard ticket, but which you have to book a specified period in advance.
5 letter words containing x
- acrux — a star of the first magnitude in the constellation Southern Cross.
- addax — a large light-coloured antelope, Addax nasomaculatus, having ribbed loosely spiralled horns and inhabiting desert regions in N Africa: family Bovidae, order Artiodactyla
- admix — to mix or blend
- affix — If you affix one thing to another, you stick it or attach it to the other thing.
- alexa — a female given name, form of Alexandra.
6 letter words containing x
7 letter words containing x
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- abraxas — an ancient charm composed of Greek letters: originally believed to have magical powers and inscribed on amulets, etc, but from the second century ad personified by Gnostics as a deity, the source of divine emanations
- adaxial — facing towards the axis, as the surface of a leaf that faces the stem
- adnexal — (botany) Having the property of being adnexed.
- affixed — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
8 letter words containing x
- affixing — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- aftertax — remaining after applicable taxes have been deducted: a sharp decrease in her aftertax income.
- aldoxime — an oxime formed by reaction between hydroxylamine and an aldehyde
- alkoxide — a compound formed by the removal of a proton from an alcohol
- amplexus — the mating embrace of amphibians, particularly frogs and toads
9 letter words containing x
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- admixture — Admixture means the same as mixture.
- affixment — the act of attaching or affixing
- affixture — an affixing or being affixed
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
10 letter words containing x
- adipopexia — lipopexia.
- affixation — affixture
- aldohexose — any aldose containing six carbon atoms, such as glucose or mannose
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- alexanders — a biennial umbelliferous plant, Smyrnium olusatrum, native to S Europe, with dense umbels of yellow-green flowers and black fruits
11 letter words containing x
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- alexandrian — of or relating to Alexander the Great
- alexandrina — a female given name, form of Alexandra.
- alexandrine — a line of verse having six iambic feet, usually with a caesura after the third foot
- alexandrite — a green variety of chrysoberyl used as a gemstone
12 letter words containing x
- alexanderson — Ernst F. W [urnst] /ɜrnst/ (Show IPA), 1878–1975, U.S. engineer and inventor.
- alexandretta — Iskenderun
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- alexipharmic — acting as an antidote
- ambidextrous — Someone who is ambidextrous can use both their right hand and their left hand equally skilfully.
13 letter words containing x
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- aix-les-bains — a town in E France: a resort with sulphurous springs. Pop: 25 732 (1999)
- ambidexterity — ambidextrous ease, skill, or facility.
- annexationism — the theory or practice of taking over another country's territory, especially by force.
14 letter words containing x
15 letter words containing x
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- complex-machine — Older Use. an automobile or airplane. a typewriter.
16 letter words containing x
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- autointoxication — self-poisoning caused by absorption of toxic products originating within the body
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
17 letter words containing x
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
18 letter words containing x
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
19 letter words containing x
- decontextualization — to remove (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) from a context: decontextualized works of art displayed in museums.
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- dollard-des-ormeaux — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada: suburb of Montreal.
21 letter words containing x
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
22 letter words containing x
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
23 letter words containing x
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words with letter X. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9336 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains X that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.