Words containing wi
3 letter words containing wi
- dwi — DWI is the offense of driving after drinking more than the amount of alcohol that is legally allowed. DWI is an abbreviation for 'driving while intoxicated.'
- iwi — (NZ) A Maori tribe.
- twi — a Kwa language spoken in Ghana that is mutually intelligible with Fanti.
- wig — an artificial covering of hair for all or most of the head, of either synthetic or natural hair, worn to be stylish or more attractive.
4 letter words containing wi
- dewi — Saint, David, Saint.
- fwiw — For what it's worth.
- iiwi — a Hawaiian honeycreeper, Vestiaria coccinea, having a red body, black wings, and a deeply curved pinkish-red bill.
- iwis — certainly.
- kiwi — any of several flightless, ratite birds of the genus Apteryx, of New Zealand, allied to the extinct moas.
5 letter words containing wi
- alwin — a male given name.
- awing — an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God; in awe of great political figures.
- bewig — to cover with a wig
- bowie — David, real name David Jones. 1947–2016, British rock singer, songwriter, and film actor. His recordings include "Space Oddity" (1969), The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972), Young Americans (1975), Heroes (1977), Let's Dance (1983), The Next Day (2013), and Blackstar (2016)
- dowie — dull; melancholy; dismal.
6 letter words containing wi
- alwite — white (def 11).
- aswirl — whirling
- bagwig — an 18th-century wig with hair pushed back into a bag
- bewick — Thomas. 1753–1828, English wood engraver; his best-known works are Chillingham Bull (1789), a large woodcut, Aesop's Fables (1818), and his History of British Birds (1797–1804)
- bigwig — If you refer to an important person as a bigwig, you are being rather disrespectful.
7 letter words containing wi
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- anywise — in any way or manner; at all
- aruwimi — a river in NE Democratic Republic of Congo, rising near Lake Albert as the Ituri and flowing west into the River Congo. Length: about 1288 km (800 miles)
- baldwin — James Arthur. 1924–87, US Black writer, whose works include the novel Go Tell it on the Mountain (1954)
8 letter words containing wi
- allowing — to give permission to or for; permit: to allow a student to be absent; No swimming allowed.
- atwitter — twittering, nervously excited
- backwind — to divert wind against the lee side of (a sail) from another sail.
- barbwire — barbed wire
- beeswing — a light filmy crust of tartar that forms in port and some other wines after long keeping in the bottle
9 letter words containing wi
- anglewing — any of several nymphalid butterflies, especially of the genus Polygonia, having angular notches on the outer edges of the forewings.
- arm-twist — to subject to arm-twisting: The unions arm-twisted the government into negotiating by threatening widespread strikes.
- auschwitz — an industrial town in S Poland; site of a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. Pop: 40 686 (2007 est)
- back-wind — to divert wind against the lee side of (a sail) from another sail.
- backswing — the movement of a club, bat, or racket backwards, away from the intended point of contact, in preparation for making a stroke
10 letter words containing wi
- autowinder — a battery-operated device for advancing the film in a camera automatically after each exposure
- baroswitch — a switch actuated by barometric pressure.
- bewildered — If you are bewildered, you are very confused and cannot understand something or decide what you should do.
- bewitching — enchanting; charming; fascinating.
- birtwistle — Sir Harrison. born 1934, English composer, whose works include the operas Punch and Judy (1967), The Mask of Orpheus (1984), Gawain (1991), Exody (1998), and The Minotaur (2008)
11 letter words containing wi
- backswimmer — an aquatic bug belonging to the family Notonectidae that swims on its back using its back legs as oars
- bewildering — A bewildering thing or situation is very confusing and difficult to understand or to make a decision about.
- bewitchment — the state of being bewitched
- breadwinner — The breadwinner in a family is the person in it who earns the money that the family needs for essential things.
- countrywide — Something that happens or exists countrywide happens or exists throughout the whole of a particular country.
12 letter words containing wi
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
- arm-twisting — persuasion
- berwickshire — (until 1975) a county of SE Scotland: part of the Borders region from 1975 to 1996, now part of Scottish Borders council area
- bewilderedly — in a bewildered manner
- bewilderment — Bewilderment is the feeling of being bewildered.
13 letter words containing wi
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
- bewilderingly — extremely confusing: a bewildering schedule of events.
- bread-winning — a person who earns a livelihood, especially one who also supports dependents.
- dimmer-switch — a person or thing that dims.
14 letter words containing wi
- code-switching — Linguistics. the alternating or mixed use of two or more languages, especially within the same discourse: My grandma’s code-switching when we cook together reminds me of my family's origins. Bilingual students are discouraged from code-switching during class.
- pickwickianism — a Pickwickian statement, expression, word, or the like.
- prawn-sandwich — characterizing or belonging to the type of spectator at a football match who is motivated to attend more by the corporate hospitality available than a true devotion to a particular club
- shawinigan-sud — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, S of Shawinigan.
- wide-spreading — spreading over or covering a large area: wide-spreading showers; wide-spreading ivy.
15 letter words containing wi
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- casement-window — a window sash opening on hinges that are generally attached to the upright side of its frame.
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
- notwithstanding — in spite of; without being opposed or prevented by: Notwithstanding a brilliant defense, he was found guilty. She went to the game anyway, doctor's orders notwithstanding.
- phase-switching — a technique used in radio interferometry in which the signal from one of the two antennae is periodically reversed in phase before being multiplied by the signal from the other antenna
16 letter words containing wi
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- huyton-with-roby — an urban district in Merseyside, NW England, E of Liverpool.
- packet-switching — a method of efficient data transmission whereby the initial message is broken into relatively small units, or packets, that are routed independently and subsequently reassembled.
- will-o'-the-wisp — ignis fatuus (def 1).
18 letter words containing wi
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
- schleswig-holstein — two contiguous duchies of Denmark that were a center of international tension in the 19th century: Prussia annexed Schleswig 1864 and Holstein 1866.
On this page, we collect all words with WI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4415 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.