Words containing wel
4 letter words containing wel
- weld — to unite or fuse (as pieces of metal) by hammering, compressing, or the like, especially after rendering soft or pasty by heat, and sometimes with the addition of fusible material like or unlike the pieces to be united.
- wele — (obsolete) prosperity; happiness; well-being.
- welk — (obsolete) Of a plant: to wither, wilt, decay.
- well — in a good or satisfactory manner: Business is going well.
- welp — (slang) Well.
5 letter words containing wel
- bowel — Your bowels are the tubes in your body through which digested food passes from your stomach to your anus.
- dowel — Also called dowel pin. Carpentry. a pin, usually round, fitting into holes in two adjacent pieces to prevent their slipping or to align them.
- dwell — to live or stay as a permanent resident; reside.
- dwelt — a simple past tense and past participle of dwell.
- ewell — ˈRichard Stoddert (ˈstɑdərt ) ; städˈərt) 1817-72; Confederate general in the Civil War
6 letter words containing wel
- aswell — Archaic spelling of as well.
- bowell — Sir Mackenzie, 1823–1917, Canadian statesman, born in England: prime minister 1894–96.
- bowels — innards; entrails
- cowell — Simon. born 1959, British manager of pop groups and TV personality, best known as an outspoken judge on the TV talent contests Pop Idol (2001–04), The X Factor (from 2004), and Britain's Got Talent (from 2007)
- crewel — a loosely twisted worsted yarn, used in fancy work and embroidery
7 letter words containing wel
- aweless — feeling no awe
- bejewel — to decorate with or as if with jewels
- boswell — James. 1740–95, Scottish author and lawyer, noted particularly for his Life of Samuel Johnson (1791)
- drywell — a type of sewage or excess water disposal system
- dwelled — to live or stay as a permanent resident; reside.
8 letter words containing wel
- bakewell — Robert. 1725–95, English agriculturist; radically improved livestock breeding, esp of cattle and sheep
- bothwell — Earl of, title of James Hepburn. 1535–78, Scottish nobleman; third husband of Mary Queen of Scots. He is generally considered to have instigated the murder of Darnley (1567)
- boweling — Anatomy. Usually, bowels. the intestine. a part of the intestine.
- bramwell — a male given name.
- caldwell — Erskine (ˈɜːskɪn). 1903–87, US novelist whose works include Tobacco Road (1933)
9 letter words containing wel
- bejeweled — A bejeweled person or object is wearing a lot of jewelry or is decorated with jewels.
- blackwell — Elizabeth1821-1910; 1st woman physician in the U.S., born in England
- bowelless — ruthless, merciless
- bridewell — a house of correction; jail, esp for minor offences
- chartwell — a house near Westerham in Kent: home for 40 years of Sir Winston Churchill
10 letter words containing wel
- bejewelled — A bejewelled person or object is wearing a lot of jewellery or is decorated with jewels.
- beweltered — soaked with blood
- bilge-well — Nautical. either of the rounded areas that form the transition between the bottom and the sides on the exterior of a hull. Also, bilges. (in a hull with a double bottom) an enclosed area between frames at each side of the floors, where seepage collects. Also called bilge well. a well into which seepage drains to be pumped away. Also called bilge water. seepage accumulated in bilges.
- boswellize — to write an account of in the detailed manner of Boswell.
- camberwell — a former residential borough of Greater London, England, now part of Southwark.
11 letter words containing wel
- antiwelfare — opposed to the provision of welfare payments
- awelessness — the state or quality of lacking awe
- cromwellian — of, relating to, or characteristic of the politics, practices, etc., of Oliver Cromwell or of the Commonwealth and Protectorate.
- disbowelled — disembowelled
- disembowels — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of disembowel.
12 letter words containing wel
- baden-powell — Robert Stephenson Smyth (smɪθ, smaɪθ), 1st Baron Baden-Powell. 1857–1941, British general, noted for his defence of Mafeking (1899–1900) in the Boer War; founder of the Boy Scouts (1908) and (with his sister Agnes) the Girl Guides (1910)
- disemboweled — to remove the bowels or entrails from; eviscerate.
- downwellings — Plural form of downwelling.
- green-wellie — characterizing or belonging to the upper-class set devoted to hunting, shooting, and fishing
- slum-dweller — a person who lives in a slum.
13 letter words containing wel
- cape-farewell — Cape, a cape in S Greenland: most southerly point of Greenland.
- cliff-dweller — a member of a prehistoric people of the southwestern US who built shelters on the ledges of cliffs or in caves
- disemboweling — Present participle of disembowel.
- disembowelled — (chiefly, British) Simple past tense and past participle of disembowel.
- fare-you-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
14 letter words containing wel
- disembowelling — (chiefly, British) present participle of disembowel.
- disembowelment — to remove the bowels or entrails from; eviscerate.
- fare-thee-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
- overbejewelled — wearing an excessive amount of jewellery, or excessively decorated
- swelled-headed — an inordinately grand opinion of oneself; conceit.
15 letter words containing wel
- crown-of-jewels — an annual herb, Lopezia coronata, of Mexico, having lilac-colored flowers with a red base.
- swellheadedness — the fact or state of being conceited
- well-accredited — officially recognized as meeting the essential requirements, as of academic excellence: accredited schools.
- well-accustomed — customary; usual; habitual: in their accustomed manner.
- well-acquainted — having personal knowledge as a result of study, experience, etc.; informed (usually followed by with): to be acquainted with law.
16 letter words containing wel
- well-appreciated — to be grateful or thankful for: They appreciated his thoughtfulness.
- well-articulated — made clear or distinct: articulated sounds.
- well-compensated — to recompense for something: They gave him ten dollars to compensate him for his trouble.
- well-conditioned — existing under or subject to conditions.
- well-constructed — to build or form by putting together parts; frame; devise.
17 letter words containing wel
- well-accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- well-accomplished — completed; done; effected: an accomplished fact.
- well-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
- well-demonstrated — to make evident or establish by arguments or reasoning; prove: to demonstrate a philosophical principle.
- well-investigated — to examine, study, or inquire into systematically; search or examine into the particulars of; examine in detail.
18 letter words containing wel
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
20 letter words containing wel
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
On this page, we collect all words with WEL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 987 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WEL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.