Words containing weig
5 letter words containing weig
- weigh — to determine or ascertain the force that gravitation exerts upon (a person or thing) by use of a balance, scale, or other mechanical device: to weigh oneself; to weigh potatoes; to weigh gases.
- zweig — Arnold [ahr-nuh ld;; German ahr-nawlt] /ˈɑr nəld;; German ˈɑr nɔlt/ (Show IPA), 1887–1968, German novelist, essayist, and dramatist.
6 letter words containing weig
7 letter words containing weig
- reweigh — to weigh (an object or quantity) again
- weigela — any of various shrubby, eastern Asian plants belonging to the genus Weigela, of the honeysuckle family, having funnel-shaped white, pink, or crimson flowers.
- weighed — to determine or ascertain the force that gravitation exerts upon (a person or thing) by use of a balance, scale, or other mechanical device: to weigh oneself; to weigh potatoes; to weigh gases.
- weigher — to determine or ascertain the force that gravitation exerts upon (a person or thing) by use of a balance, scale, or other mechanical device: to weigh oneself; to weigh potatoes; to weigh gases.
- weights — (weightlifting) Any collection of weighted objects, such as dumbbells or barbells, used for exercise and training the muscles.
8 letter words containing weig
- outweigh — to exceed in value, importance, influence, etc.: The advantages of the plan outweighed its defects.
- preweigh — to weigh beforehand
- unweight — Skiing. to lessen downward force and friction between the skis and the snow by a quick upward or downward shifting of the body or by using bumps in the terrain.
- weigelas — Plural form of weigela.
- weigh-in — the act or an instance of weighing in: After the weigh-in the fighters posed for photographers.
9 letter words containing weig
- downweigh — (transitive) To weigh or press down; depress; cause to sink or prevent from rising.
- flyweight — a boxer or other contestant of the lightest competitive class, especially a professional boxer weighing up to 112 pounds (51 kg).
- foreweigh — to assess in advance
- outweighs — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of outweigh.
- overweigh — to exceed in weight; overbalance or outweigh: a respected opinion that overweighs the others.
10 letter words containing weig
- atomweight — (martial arts, combat sports) the weightclass below strawweight of less than 105lbs.
- deadweight — (of a shot) leaving the other balls in the ideal position
- flyweights — Plural form of flyweight.
- makeweight — something put in a scale to complete a required weight.
- outweighed — Simple past tense and past participle of outweigh.
11 letter words containing weig
12 letter words containing weig
- bantamweight — A bantamweight is a boxer who weighs between 51 and 53.5 kilograms, or a wrestler who weighs between 52 and 57 kilograms. A bantamweight is heavier than a flyweight but lighter than a featherweight.
- braunschweig — Brunswick
- checkweigher — a person or machine that measures the weight of commodities on a production line or in a colliery
- counterweigh — counterbalance
- heavyweights — Plural form of heavyweight.
13 letter words containing weig
- bantamweights — Plural form of bantamweight.
- checkweighman — a representative elected by coal miners to check the findings of the mine owner's weighman where miners are paid by the weight of coal mined.
- counterweighs — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of counterweigh.
- counterweight — A counterweight is an action or proposal that is intended to balance or counter other actions or proposals.
- cruiserweight — A cruiserweight is another name for a light heavyweight.
14 letter words containing weig
15 letter words containing weig
16 letter words containing weig
- superheavyweight — an amateur boxer weighing more than 91 kg
On this page, we collect all words with WEIG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 197 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WEIG that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.