Words containing weep
4 letter words containing weep
- weep — to express grief, sorrow, or any overpowering emotion by shedding tears; shed tears; cry: to weep for joy; to weep with rage.
5 letter words containing weep
- fweep — (WPI) One step below a gweep, a person who uses the system solely to play games and use electronic mail. Compare dweeb, twink, terminal junkie, tourist, weenie.
- gweep — /gweep/ To hack, usually at night, or one who does so. At WPI, from 1977 onward, gweeps could often be found at the College Computing Center punching cards or crashing the PDP-10 or, later, the DEC-20. The term has survived the demise of those technologies, however, and is still alive in late 1991. "I'm going to go gweep for a while. See you in the morning." "I gweep from 8 PM till 3 AM during the week." "Gweep" originated as an onomatopeiac term, evoking the sound of the (once-ubiquitous) Hazeltine 9000 terminals' bell on WPI campus. A gweep is one step above a fweep.
- sweep — to move or remove (dust, dirt, etc.) with or as if with a broom, brush, or the like.
- weeps — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of weep.
- weepy — weeping or tending to weep; tearful; lachrymose.
6 letter words containing weep
7 letter words containing weep
8 letter words containing weep
9 letter words containing weep
- sweep-saw — a saw with a thin blade that can be used for cutting curved shapes
- sweepback — the shape of, or the angle formed by, an airplane wing or other airfoil the leading or trailing edge of which slopes backward from the fuselage.
- sweepings — of wide range or scope.
- weepiness — Quality of being weepy.
- weepingly — In a weeping manner.
11 letter words containing weep
- lakshadweep — a union territory of India comprising a group of islands and coral reefs in the Arabian Sea, off the SW coast of India. About 12 sq. mi. (31 sq. km).
- minesweeper — a specially equipped ship used for dragging a body of water in order to remove or destroy enemy mines.
- sweepstakes — a sweepstakes.
12 letter words containing weep
- chimneysweep — Alternative form of chimney sweep.
- mine-sweeper — a specially equipped ship used for dragging a body of water in order to remove or destroy enemy mines.
- minesweepers — Plural form of minesweeper.
- minesweeping — (nautical) The detection and safe disposal of mines.
- sweep-second — (on a timepiece) a second hand that is a sweep hand.
14 letter words containing weep
- carpet-sweeper — a household device with a revolving brush for sweeping carpets
On this page, we collect all words with WEEP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 68 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WEEP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.