Words containing wat
3 letter words containing wat
- wat — a Buddhist temple or monastery in Thailand or Cambodia.
4 letter words containing wat
5 letter words containing wat
- bowat — a small lamp or lantern
- mowat — Farley (McGill) 1921–2014, Canadian writer.
- ofwat — Office of Water Services: a government body set up in 1989 to regulate the activities of the water companies in England and Wales, and to protect the interests of their consumers
- swath — the space covered by the stroke of a scythe or the cut of a mowing machine.
- swati — Swat (def 2).
6 letter words containing wat
- -watch — indicating a regular television programme or newspaper feature on the topic specified
- abwatt — the cgs unit of power in the electromagnetic system, equal to the power dissipated when a current of 1 abampere flows across a potential difference of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–7 watt
- awatch — watching or looking out for
- swatch — a sample of cloth or other material.
- swathe — to wrap, bind, or swaddle with bands of some material; wrap up closely or fully.
7 letter words containing wat
8 letter words containing wat
- -watcher — -watcher combines with nouns to form other nouns that refer to people who are interested in a group of animals or people, and who study them closely.
- cutwater — the forward part of the stem of a vessel, which cuts through the water
- dogwatch — Nautical. either of two two-hour watches, the first from 4 to 6 p.m., the latter from 6 to 8 p.m.
- enswathe — Envelop or wrap in a garment or piece of fabric.
- eyewater — a lotion for the eyes
9 letter words containing wat
- -watching — -watching combines with nouns to form other nouns which refer to the activity of looking at a group of animals or people and studying them because they interest you.
- backwater — A backwater is a place that is isolated.
- bathwater — water in which a person bathes
- birdwatch — to watch birds
- coldwater — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
10 letter words containing wat
- backwaters — Plural form of backwater.
- bird-watch — to identify wild birds and observe their actions and habits in their natural habitat as a recreation.
- blackwater — a stream stained dark with peat
- blue-water — designed to operate on and range over the open sea; oceangoing: a bluewater navy that can be dispatched throughout the world, far from its home base.
- breakwater — A breakwater is a wooden or stone wall that extends from the shore into the sea and is built in order to protect a harbour or beach from the force of the waves.
11 letter words containing wat
- binge-watch — to watch a large number of television programmes (especially all the shows from one series) in succession
- bridgewater — a town in E Massachusetts.
- firewatcher — A person who looks for the onset of fires, normally from a high vantage point.
- floodwaters — The waters of a flood.
- groundwater — the water beneath the surface of the ground, consisting largely of surface water that has seeped down: the source of water in springs and wells.
12 letter words containing wat
- bird-watcher — A bird-watcher is a person whose hobby is watching and studying wild birds in their natural surroundings.
- deathwatches — Plural form of deathwatch.
- deepwaterman — a ship that goes far out to sea and into deep water
- derwentwater — a lake in NW England, in Cumbria in the Lake District. Area: about 8 sq km (3 sq miles)
- doomwatching — the act of watching the environment to warn of and prevent harm
13 letter words containing wat
- bird-watching — Bird-watching is the activity of watching and studying wild birds in their natural surroundings.
- clock-watcher — an employee who checks the time in anticipation of a break or of the end of the working day
- girl-watching — the activity of looking at young women to enjoy their attractiveness, perhaps with a view to starting a relationship
- kilowatt-hour — a unit of energy, equivalent to the energy transferred or expended in one hour by one kilowatt of power; approximately 1.34 horsepower-hours. Abbreviation: kWh, K.W.H., kwhr.
- mouthwatering — very appetizing in appearance, aroma, or description: a mouth-watering dessert.
14 letter words containing wat
- clock-watching — the act of checking the time in anticipation of a break or the end of the working day
- milk-and-water — ineffective; wishy-washy; lacking will or strength.
- mouth-watering — very appetizing in appearance, aroma, or description: a mouth-watering dessert.
- unwatchfulness — the quality or state of being unwatchful
- watercolourist — An artist who paints watercolours.
15 letter words containing wat
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
- mouthwateringly — In a mouthwatering manner.
- nightwatchwoman — (rare) The female equivalent of a nightwatchman.
- the-night-watch — a painting (1642) by Rembrandt.
- water-repellent — having a finish that resists but is not impervious to water.
16 letter words containing wat
- watson-wentworth — Charles, 2nd Marquis of Rockingham [rok-ing-uh m] /ˈrɒk ɪŋ əm/ (Show IPA), 1730–82, British statesman: prime minister 1765–66, 1782.
21 letter words containing wat
On this page, we collect all words with WAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 891 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WAT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.