Words containing was
3 letter words containing was
- was — 1st and 3rd person singular pt. indicative of be.
4 letter words containing was
- twas — a member of a Pygmy people of Burundi, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- wase — (UK, dialect) A bundle of straw, or other material, to relieve the pressure of burdens carried upon the head.
- wash — to apply water or some other liquid to (something or someone) for the purpose of cleansing; cleanse by dipping, rubbing, or scrubbing in water or some other liquid.
- wasm — (humorous) An ideology, doctrine, theory or law that is no longer current or fashionable.
- wasp — a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant.
5 letter words containing was
- 'twas — it was
- awash — If the ground or a floor is awash, it is covered in water, often because of heavy rain or as the result of an accident.
- shwas — the mid-central, neutral vowel sound typically occurring in unstressed syllables in English, however spelled, as the sound of a in alone and sofa, e in system, i in easily, o in gallop, u in circus.
- swash — to splash, as things in water, or as water does: Waves were swashing against the piers.
- washi — A tough paper used in traditional Japanese art forms.
6 letter words containing was
- ecowas — Economic Community of West African States.
- fatwas — Plural form of fatwa.
- rewash — to apply water or some other liquid to (something or someone) for the purpose of cleansing; cleanse by dipping, rubbing, or scrubbing in water or some other liquid.
- siwash — a conventional designation for any small, provincial college or for such colleges collectively (often preceded by old): students from old Siwash.
- swashy — slushy
7 letter words containing was
- airwash — to cool (a roof or the like) with a current of air.
- bagwash — a laundry that washes clothes without drying or pressing them
- boswash — the heavily populated area extending from Boston to Washington and including New York City, Philadelphia, and Baltimore.
- carwash — a place, usually an area at a filling station, which has special equipment, such as rotating brushes and water jets, to wash a car
- dogwash — /dog'wosh/ (A quip in the "urgency" field of a very optional software change request, ca. 1982. It was something like "Urgency: Wash your dog first") A project of minimal priority, undertaken as an escape from more serious work. Many games and much freeware get written this way, including this dictionary.
8 letter words containing was
- backwash — The backwash of an event or situation is an unpleasant situation that exists after it and as a result of it.
- downwash — a deflection of air downward relative to an airfoil that causes the deflection.
- flatwash — an area of solid colour, whether in artwork or scenery
- forwaste — to waste completely
- handwash — If you handwash something, you wash it by hand rather than in a washing machine.
9 letter words containing was
- alewashed — showing the effects of drinking beer
- blackwash — to present (someone or something) in the worst possible light
- brainwash — If you brainwash someone, you force them to believe something by continually telling them that it is true, and preventing them from thinking about it properly.
- galliwasp — any of numerous scaly marsh lizards of the genus Diploglossus, inhabiting Central America and the West Indies.
- greenwash — Disinformation disseminated by an organization so as to present an environmentally responsible public image.
10 letter words containing was
- backwasher — (textiles) A machine used for washing wool after carding to remove the impurities.
- belly-wash — any barely drinkable liquid or beverage, as inferior soda, beer, coffee, or soup.
- colourwash — a coloured distemper
- dishwasher — a person who washes dishes.
- downwashes — Plural form of downwash.
11 letter words containing was
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- awash-river — a river in E Ethiopia, flowing NE through the Great Rift Valley to near the Djibouti border. 500 miles (805 km) long.
- backwashing — A form of water treatment in which water is pumped backwards through the filter media, sometimes with intermittent use of compressed air.
- dishwashers — Plural form of dishwasher.
- dishwashing — the act of washing dishes.
12 letter words containing was
13 letter words containing was
- bottle-washer — a menial or factotum
- swashbuckling — characteristic of or behaving in the manner of a swashbuckler.
- wash-and-wear — noting or pertaining to a garment that can be washed, that dries quickly, and that requires little or no ironing; drip-dry.
- washingtonian — living in or coming from Washington, D.C., or the state of Washington.
- wasterfulness — the state of being wasteful
15 letter words containing was
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
On this page, we collect all words with WAS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 385 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WAS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.