Words containing war
3 letter words containing war
- war — a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
4 letter words containing war
- warb — a dirty or insignificant person
- ward — (Aaron) Montgomery, 1843–1913, U.S. merchant and mail-order retailer.
- ware — the first season in the year; spring.
- warg — (fantasy fiction, mythology) A type of particularly wild or hostile wolf. (from 20th c.).
- wari — (games) a board game of the mancala family.
5 letter words containing war
- -ward — indicating direction towards
- -ware — (jargon) A suffix used to form terms for classes of software. For example, careware, crippleware, crudware, freeware, fritterware, guiltware, liveware, meatware, nagware, payware, psychedelicware, shareware, shelfware, vaporware, wetware.
- award — An award is a prize or certificate that a person is given for doing something well.
- aware — If you are aware of something, you know about it.
- awari — An African game of strategy.
6 letter words containing war
- -wards — indicating direction towards
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
- aswarm — filled, esp with moving things; swarming
- awards — Plural form of award.
- beware — If you tell someone to beware of a person or thing, you are warning them that the person or thing may harm them or be dangerous.
7 letter words containing war
- airward — upwards; towards the air
- antiwar — opposed to war
- artware — an article of china, porcelain, glass, or the like, prized for its artistry and collected as an art object: a rare collection of artwares.
- athwart — transversely; from one side to another
- awarded — to give as due or merited; assign or bestow: to award prizes.
8 letter words containing war
9 letter words containing war
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- agateware — ceramic ware made to resemble agate or marble
- annoyware — (software) Shareware that reminds you frequently that you are using an unregistered copy.
- awardable — Capable of being awarded.
- awareness — the state or condition of being aware; having knowledge; consciousness: The object of the information drive is to raise awareness of what spreads HIV/AIDS.
10 letter words containing war
- afterswarm — a secondary (or tertiary) swarm of bees which leaves the colony after the main swarm has left, in the company of a virgin queen
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- awkwardish — slightly awkward
- backwardly — In a backward direction.
- bake-wares — heat-resistant dishes, as of glass or pottery, in which food may be baked; ovenware.
11 letter words containing war
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- anklewarmer — A small garment, most commonly made from wool, that covers the ankle and parts of the lower leg.
- antimalware — Designed or intended to combat or eliminate malware on a computer system.
- antispyware — Designed or intended to combat or eliminate spyware on a computer system.
- athwartship — having a position across a vessel from side to side at right angles to the keel
12 letter words containing war
- al-khwarizmi — Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi
- anklewarmers — Plural form of anklewarmer.
- antispinward — (often science fiction) In a rotating reference frame, against the direction of spin.
- ass-backward — the wrong way round; back to front; in the opposite order to what is considered normal
- assbackwards — in an order or way reverse from the usual: You've sewn the sleeve on assbackwards.
13 letter words containing war
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- ass-backwards — of or in a way that is particularly contrary to the usual way, confusing, etc.
- award-winning — An award-winning person or thing has won an award, especially an important or valuable one.
- backwardation — the difference between the spot price for a commodity, including rent and interest, and the forward price
- churchwardens — Plural form of churchwarden.
14 letter words containing war
- centre-forward — A centre-forward in a team sport such as football or hockey is the player or position in the middle of the front row of attacking players.
- heartwarmingly — In a heartwarming manner.
- hyperawareness — The state of being hyperaware, or extremely sensitive to stimuli.
- inward-looking — person
- northeastwards — northeastward.
15 letter words containing war
- fashion-forward — relating to, anticipating, or reflecting the most up-to-date fashion trends
- forward-looking — planning for or anticipating possible future events, conditions, etc.; progressive.
- newark-on-trent — a town in N central England, in Nottinghamshire. Pop: 35 454 (2001)
- northeastwardly — Towards the northeast.
- northwestwardly — Towards the northwest.
16 letter words containing war
17 letter words containing war
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
18 letter words containing war
19 letter words containing war
- straightforwardness — going or directed straight ahead: a straightforward gaze.
20 letter words containing war
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
On this page, we collect all words with WAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1596 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.