Words containing wan
3 letter words containing wan
- wan — of an unnatural or sickly pallor; pallid; lacking color: His wan face suddenly flushed.
4 letter words containing wan
- hwan — a former monetary unit of South Korea.
- iwan — a vaulted portal opening onto a courtyard: used often in Iranian mosque architecture.
- swan — Sir Joseph Wilson, 1828–1914, British chemist, electrical engineer, and inventor.
- wand — a slender stick or rod, especially one used by a magician, conjurer, or diviner.
- wane — to decrease in strength, intensity, etc.: Daylight waned, and night came on. Her enthusiasm for the cause is waning.
5 letter words containing wan
- aswan — an ancient town in SE Egypt, on the Nile, just below the First Cataract. Pop: 249 000 (2005 est)
- bwana — (in E Africa) a master, often used as a respectful form of address corresponding to sir
- cowan — a person who makes dry-stone walls
- dewan — (formerly in India) the chief minister or finance minister of a state ruled by an Indian prince
- diwan — (in India) any of certain officials, as a financial minister or prime minister of a native colony.
6 letter words containing wan
7 letter words containing wan
- ellwand — a stick for measuring lengths
- fanwank — (fandom slang, derogatory) Explanations invented by fans (of a television series etc.) to gloss over mistakes in continuity.
- kewanee — a city in NW Illinois.
- kiwanis — an organization founded in 1915 for the promulgation of higher ideals in business, industrial, and professional life.
- kwangju — a city in SW South Korea.
8 letter words containing wan
- avowance — (obsolete) Act of avowing; avowal.
- awanting — missing or in want of
- bakwanga — former name of Mbuji-Mayi.
- botswana — a republic in southern Africa: established as the British protectorate of Bechuanaland in 1885 as a defence against the Boers; became an independent state within the Commonwealth in 1966; consists mostly of a plateau averaging 1000 m (3300 ft), with the extensive Okavango swamps in the northwest and the Kalahari Desert in the southwest. Languages: English and Tswana. Religion: animist majority. Currency: pula. Capital: Gaborone. Pop: 2 127 825 (2013 est). Area: about 570 000 sq km (220 000 sq miles)
- gondwana — a hypothetical landmass in the Southern Hemisphere that separated toward the end of the Paleozoic Era to form South America, Africa, Antarctica, and Australia.
9 letter words containing wan
- allowance — An allowance is money that is given to someone, usually on a regular basis, in order to help them pay for the things that they need.
- burrawang — any of several Australian cycads of the genus Macrozamia, having an edible nut
- cyberwand — (hardware, virtual reality) A virtual reality controller. The CyberWand costs $99, or $765 with optional Polhemus sensor. It is basically the handle of a flight control system without the base. The controller's four buttons and 2-D hat sensor track six degrees of movement.
- forwander — to wander far
- kwangchow — Older Spelling. Canton.
10 letter words containing wan
- allowanced — Simple past tense and past participle of allowance.
- allowances — Plural form of allowance.
- angwantibo — a rare gold-coloured prosimian primate of tropical Africa, Arctocebus calabarensis, having digits that are specialized as a pair of pincers for climbing: family Lorisidae (lorises)
- chwang-tse — Chuang-tzu (def 1).
- lackawanna — a city in W New York, on Lake Erie, near Buffalo.
11 letter words containing wan
12 letter words containing wan
- disallowance — to refuse to allow; reject; veto: to disallow a claim for compensation.
- feuchtwanger — Lion [lee-awn] /ˈli ɔn/ (Show IPA), 1884–1958, German novelist and dramatist.
- gondwanaland — a hypothetical landmass in the Southern Hemisphere that separated toward the end of the Paleozoic Era to form South America, Africa, Antarctica, and Australia.
- guangzhouwan — a former French-leased territory (1898–1945) on the SW coast of Guangdong province, in S China. About 190 sq. mi. (490 sq. km).
- saskatchewan — a province in W Canada. 251,700 sq. mi. (651,900 sq. km). Capital: Regina.
13 letter words containing wan
14 letter words containing wan
- bophuthatswana — (formerly) a Bantu homeland in N South Africa: consisted of six separate areas; declared independent by South Africa in 1977 although this was not internationally recognized; abolished in 1993. Capital: Mmabatho
15 letter words containing wan
- saskatchewanian — a native or inhabitant of Saskatchewan
16 letter words containing wan
- völkerwanderung — the migration of peoples, esp of Germanic and Slavic peoples into S and W Europe from 2nd to 11th centuries
On this page, we collect all words with WAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 353 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains WAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.