Words containing va
3 letter words containing va
4 letter words containing va
- alva — Duke of, title of Fernando Alvarez de Toledo. 1508–82, Spanish general and statesman who suppressed the Protestant revolt in the Netherlands (1567–72) and conquered Portugal (1580)
- avar — a member of a people of unknown origin in E Europe from the 6th to the early 9th century ad: crushed by Charlemagne around 800
- cava — a Spanish sparkling wine produced by a method similar to that used for champagne
- deva — (in Hinduism and Buddhism) a divine being or god
- diva — a distinguished female singer; prima donna.
5 letter words containing va
- ajiva — (in Jainism) a thing without life or a soul
- alava — Cape, a cape in NW Washington: westernmost point in the contiguous U.S.
- alvar — a holy person of the Vaishnava sect.
- anova — analysis of variance
- avail — If you avail yourself of an offer or an opportunity, you accept the offer or make use of the opportunity.
6 letter words containing va
- alvaro — Corrado [kawr-rah-daw] /kɔrˈrɑ dɔ/ (Show IPA), c1890–1956, Italian journalist and novelist.
- arvada — city in NC Colo.: suburb of Denver: pop. 102,000
- avails — to be of use or value to; profit; advantage: All our efforts availed us little in trying to effect a change.
- avalon — an island paradise in the western seas: in Arthurian legend it is where King Arthur was taken after he was mortally wounded
- avant- — of or belonging to the avant-garde of a specified field
7 letter words containing va
- adivasi — a member of any of the aboriginal peoples of India
- advaita — one of the two principal Vedantic schools, asserting the existence of Brahman alone, whose appearance as the world is an illusion resulting from ignorance. Compare dvaita (def 2).
- advance — To advance means to move forward, often in order to attack someone.
- akvavit — aquavit
- alvarez — Luis Walter. 1911–88, US physicist. He made (with Felix Bloch) the first measurement of the neutron's magnetic moment (1939). Nobel prize for physics 1968
8 letter words containing va
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- acervate — growing in heaps or clusters
- activate — If a device or process is activated, something causes it to start working.
- adjuvant — aiding or assisting
- advanced — An advanced system, method, or design is modern and has been developed from an earlier version of the same thing.
9 letter words containing va
- activated — to make active; cause to function or act.
- activates — to make active; cause to function or act.
- activator — a thing or person that activates
- advancing — to move or bring forward: The general advanced his troops to the new position.
- advantage — An advantage is something that puts you in a better position than other people.
10 letter words containing va
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- activation — to make active; cause to function or act.
- adjectival — Adjectival means relating to adjectives or like an adjective.
- advantaged — A person or place that is advantaged is in a better social or financial position than other people or places.
- aggravated — Aggravated is used to describe a serious crime which involves violence.
11 letter words containing va
- accusatival — of the accusative case
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- advancement — Advancement is progress in your job or in your social position.
- aestivation — the act or condition of aestivating
- aggravating — causing or full of aggravation: I've had an aggravating day.
12 letter words containing va
- adjectivally — as an adjective
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- all---ottava — a direction (8va), placed above or below the staff to indicate that the passage covered is to be played one octave higher or lower respectively.
- ambivalently — in an ambivalent manner
- atharva-veda — the fourth and latest Veda, largely consisting of priestly spells and incantations
13 letter words containing va
- avant-gardism — the attitudes, techniques, etc., of the cultural avant-garde.
- believability — to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
- bhagavad-gita — a sacred Hindu text composed about 200 bc and incorporated into the Mahabharata, a Sanskrit epic
- bioequivalent — the condition in which different formulations of the same drug or chemical are equally absorbed when taken into the body.
- captivatingly — to attract and hold the attention or interest of, as by beauty or excellence; enchant: Her blue eyes and red hair captivated him.
14 letter words containing va
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- antiderivative — an indefinite integral
- availabilities — suitable or ready for use; of use or service; at hand: I used whatever tools were available.
- avalokitesvara — a male Bodhisattva, widely revered and identified with various persons and gods.
- bioequivalence — the equality of strength, bioavailability, and dosage of various drug products
15 letter words containing va
- bioavailability — the extent to which a drug or other substance is taken up by a specific tissue or organ after administration; the proportion of the dose of a drug that reaches the systemic circulation intact after administration by a route other than intravenous
- brillat-savarin — Anthelme (ɑ̃tɛlm). 1755–1826, French lawyer and gourmet; author of Physiologie du Goût (1825)
- cerebrovascular — of or relating to the blood vessels and the blood supply of the brain
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
- circumvallation — surrounded by or as if by a rampart.
16 letter words containing va
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- conservativeness — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- cross-validation — a process by which a method that works for one sample of a population is checked for validity by applying the method to another sample from the same population.
- cryopreservation — the storage of blood or living tissues at extremely cold temperatures, often -196 degrees Celsius.
17 letter words containing va
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- cryopreservations — the storage of blood or living tissues at extremely cold temperatures, often -196 degrees Celsius.
- over-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- paleoconservative — a person advocating an older, traditional type of conservatism, especially in politics.
18 letter words containing va
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
- ovariohysterectomy — Surgical removal of the ovaries and uterus.
- psychogalvanometer — a type of galvanometer for detecting and measuring psychogalvanic currents.
19 letter words containing va
- pseudo-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
20 letter words containing va
25 letter words containing va
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
26 letter words containing va
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
27 letter words containing va
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
On this page, we collect all words with VA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4209 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains VA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.