Words containing ur
3 letter words containing ur
4 letter words containing ur
- amur — a river in NE Asia, rising in N Mongolia as the Argun and flowing southeast, then northeast to the Sea of Okhotsk: forms the boundary between Manchuria and Russia. Length: about 4350 km (2700 miles)
- asur — Assur.
- aura — An aura is a quality or feeling that seems to surround a person or place or to come from them.
- beur — a person born in France of North African descent
- blur — A blur is a shape or area which you cannot see clearly because it has no distinct outline or because it is moving very fast.
5 letter words containing ur
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- adour — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- agura — agora2 .
- ahura — generic title for benevolent deities in Zoroastrianism or evil deities in Hinduism.
- ahuru — a small pink cod, Auchenoceros punctatus, of SW Pacific waters
6 letter words containing ur
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
- adjure — to command, often by exacting an oath; charge
- adours — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
7 letter words containing ur
- accurst — under a curse; doomed; ill-fated.
- adjourn — If a meeting or trial is adjourned or if it adjourns, it is stopped for a short time.
- allured — to attract or tempt by something flattering or desirable.
- amateur — An amateur is someone who does something as a hobby and not as a job.
- amokura — a white pelagian bird, Paethon rubricauda, of tropical latitudes in the Indian and Pacific oceans, with a red beak and long red tail feathers
8 letter words containing ur
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- accuracy — The accuracy of information or measurements is their quality of being true or correct, even in small details.
- accurate — careful and exact
- accurize — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- accursed — Some people use accursed to describe something which they are very annoyed about.
9 letter words containing ur
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
- accurized — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
10 letter words containing ur
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
- about-turn — An about-turn is the same as an about-face.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- accurately — free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.
11 letter words containing ur
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
- acupuncture — Acupuncture is the treatment of a person's illness or pain by sticking small needles into their body at certain places.
12 letter words containing ur
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aelurophilia — ailurophilia.
- aelurophobia — ailurophobia.
13 letter words containing ur
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
- acupuncturist — An acupuncturist is a person who performs acupuncture.
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
14 letter words containing ur
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- anti-neuralgic — sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a nerve.
15 letter words containing ur
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- anti-naturalism — Literature. a manner or technique of treating subject matter that presents, through volume of detail, a deterministic view of human life and actions. a deterministic theory of writing in which it is held that a writer should adopt an objective view toward the material written about, be free of preconceived ideas as to form and content, and represent with clinical accuracy and frankness the details of life. Compare realism (def 4b). a representation of natural appearances or natural patterns of speech, manner, etc., in a work of fiction. the depiction of the physical environment, especially landscape or the rural environment.
- anti-puritanism — the principles and practices of the Puritans.
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
16 letter words containing ur
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- congeliturbation — the churning, heaving, and thrusting of soil material due to the action of frost.
- countersignature — second signature
17 letter words containing ur
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
18 letter words containing ur
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
19 letter words containing ur
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing ur
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
On this page, we collect all words with UR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13031 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains UR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.