Words containing ul
3 letter words containing ul
- bul — the eighth month of the Old Hebrew calendar, corresponding to Heshvan of the Babylonian or post-exilic Jewish calendar: a period from mid-October to mid-November
4 letter words containing ul
- auld — old
- baul — a member of a nonconformist Bengalese sect having gurus but no dogmas, rituals, religious institutions, or scriptures.
- bulb — A bulb is the glass part of an electric lamp, which gives out light when electricity passes through it.
- bulk — You can refer to something's bulk when you want to emphasize that it is very large.
- bull — A bull is a male animal of the cow family.
5 letter words containing ul
- adult — An adult is a mature, fully developed person. An adult has reached the age when they are legally responsible for their actions.
- afoul — in or into a state of difficulty, confusion, or conflict (with)
- ahull — with sails furled
- alula — the terminal part of a bird's wing corresponding to the thumb, consisting of two or more quills; bastard wing
- ampul — a sealed glass or plastic container for one dose of a sterile medicine to be injected parenterally
6 letter words containing ul
- abulia — a pathological inability to take decisions
- abulic — a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition.
- aculei — Also, acus. the modified ovipositor or sting of certain hymenopterous insects.
- adoula — Cyrille [see-ril] /siˈrɪl/ (Show IPA), 1922–78, African statesman: premier of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1961–64.
- aimful — possessing purpose or aim
7 letter words containing ul
8 letter words containing ul
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- acapulco — a port and resort in SW Mexico, in Guerrero state. Pop: 761 000 (2005 est)
- acauline — having no stem
- acicular — shaped like a needle.
9 letter words containing ul
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
10 letter words containing ul
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- adulations — excessive devotion to someone; servile flattery.
- adullamite — a person who has withdrawn from a political group and joined with a few others to form a dissident group
11 letter words containing ul
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
12 letter words containing ul
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
13 letter words containing ul
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
14 letter words containing ul
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- anti-stimulant — Physiology, Medicine/Medical. something that temporarily quickens some vital process or the functional activity of some organ or part: Adrenalin is a stimulant for the heart. Compare depressant (def 4).
- anticoagulants — Also, anticoagulative [an-tee-koh-ag-yuh-ley-tiv, -luh-tiv, an-tahy-] /ˌæn ti koʊˈæg yəˌleɪ tɪv, -lə tɪv, ˌæn taɪ-/ (Show IPA). preventing coagulation, especially of blood.
15 letter words containing ul
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- antepenultimate — third from last
- autoinoculation — the inoculation of microorganisms (esp viruses) from one part of the body into another, usually in the form of a vaccine
- bioaccumulation — the process in which industrial waste, toxic chemicals, etc. gradually accumulate in living tissue
16 letter words containing ul
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- automanipulation — physical stimulation of one's own genitals.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing ul
18 letter words containing ul
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
19 letter words containing ul
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing ul
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
22 letter words containing ul
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing ul
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with UL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9338 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains UL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.