Words containing troph
6 letter words containing troph
7 letter words containing troph
- -trophy — indicating a certain type of nourishment or growth
- atrophy — If a muscle or other part of the body atrophies, it decreases in size or strength, often as a result of an illness.
- strophe — the part of an ancient Greek choral ode sung by the chorus when moving from right to left.
- trophic — of or relating to nutrition; concerned in nutritive processes.
- tropho- — indicating nourishment or nutrition
8 letter words containing troph
- -trophic — of or relating to a (specified) kind of nutrition
- atrophia — Also, atrophia [uh-troh-fee-uh] /əˈtroʊ fi ə/ (Show IPA). Pathology. a wasting away of the body or of an organ or part, as from defective nutrition or nerve damage.
- atrophic — Also, atrophia [uh-troh-fee-uh] /əˈtroʊ fi ə/ (Show IPA). Pathology. a wasting away of the body or of an organ or part, as from defective nutrition or nerve damage.
- biotroph — a parasitic organism, esp a fungus
- eutrophy — (medicine) healthy nutrition.
9 letter words containing troph
- atrophied — exhibiting or affected with atrophy; wasted; withered; shriveled: an atrophied arm; an atrophied talent.
- atrophies — Also, atrophia [uh-troh-fee-uh] /əˈtroʊ fi ə/ (Show IPA). Pathology. a wasting away of the body or of an organ or part, as from defective nutrition or nerve damage.
- autotroph — any organism capable of self-nourishment by using inorganic materials as a source of nutrients and using photosynthesis or chemosynthesis as a source of energy, as most plants and certain bacteria and protists.
- auxotroph — a mutant strain of microorganism having nutritional requirements additional to those of the normal organism
- dystrophy — Medicine/Medical. faulty or inadequate nutrition or development.
10 letter words containing troph
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- amyotrophy — wasting of muscles, caused by disease of the nerves supplying them
- anastrophe — reversal of the usual order of the parts of a sentence; inversion (Ex.: “Came the dawn”)
- apostrophe — An apostrophe is the mark ' when it is written to indicate that one or more letters have been left out of a word, as in 'isn't' and 'we'll'. It is also added to nouns to form possessives, as in 'Mike's car'.
- apostrophy — Alternative form of apostrophe.
11 letter words containing troph
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- amyotrophic — (medicine) Characterized by atrophy of the muscles.
- anastrophes — Plural form of anastrophe.
- antatrophic — preventing or curing atrophy.
- antistrophe — the second of two movements made by a chorus during the performance of a choral ode
12 letter words containing troph
- anti-strophe — the part of an ancient Greek choral ode answering a previous strophe, sung by the chorus when returning from left to right.
- antistrophes — Plural form of antistrophe.
- antistrophic — Of or pertaining to an antistrophe.
- antistrophon — an argument that is retorted against an opponent
- apostrophise — to address by apostrophe.
13 letter words containing troph
- apostrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of apostrophize.
- apostrophizes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of apostrophize.
- astrophysical — Of or pertaining to astrophysics.
- boustrophedon — having alternate lines written from right to left and from left to right
- catastrophise — Alt form catastrophize.
14 letter words containing troph
- alloiostrophos — irregularly divided, not in a regular pattern of strophe and antistrophe
- apostrophizing — Present participle of apostrophize.
- astrophysicist — An astrophysicist is someone who studies astrophysics.
- catastrophical — of the nature of a catastrophe, or disastrous event; calamitous: a catastrophic failure of the dam.
- catastrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of catastrophize.
15 letter words containing troph
- apostrophically — (rhetoric) Using apostrophe; with sudden exclamatory dialogue.
- astrophotograph — a photograph of the heavenly bodies
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
- astrophysically — from an astrophysical point of view
- astrophysicists — Plural form of astrophysicist.
16 letter words containing troph
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- catastrophically — of the nature of a catastrophe, or disastrous event; calamitous: a catastrophic failure of the dam.
- chemoautotrophic — producing organic matter by the use of energy obtained by oxidation of certain chemicals with carbon dioxide as the carbon source
- chemoheterotroph — an organism that obtains its energy from the oxidation of organic compounds
- chemolithotrophs — Plural form of chemolithotroph.
17 letter words containing troph
- astrophotographer — A person, especially an astronomer, who takes photographs of the stars.
- catastrophization — The act or process of catastrophizing.
- cytotrophoblastic — Relating to, or containing, cytotrophoblasts.
- dielectrophoresis — Dielectrophoresis is the movement of uncharged particles (= ones with no electrical charge) when a changing electric field is applied.
- electrophysiology — The branch of physiology that deals with the electrical phenomena associated with nervous and other bodily activity.
18 letter words containing troph
19 letter words containing troph
20 letter words containing troph
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- electrophysiological — Of or pertaining to electrophysiology.
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing troph
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- somatotrophic-hormone — a hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland, that stimulates growth in humans.
22 letter words containing troph
- electrophysiologically — In an electrophysiological way.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
23 letter words containing troph
- electrophotographically — In an electrophotographic manner; by means of electrophotography.
29 letter words containing troph
- trinitrophenylmethylnitramine — tetryl.
On this page, we collect all words with TROPH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 293 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TROPH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.