Words containing trop
5 letter words containing trop
- strop — any of several devices for sharpening razors, especially a strip of leather or other flexible material.
- trope — Rhetoric. any literary or rhetorical device, as metaphor, metonymy, synecdoche, and irony, that consists in the use of words in other than their literal sense. an instance of this. Compare figure of speech.
6 letter words containing trop
- -trope — indicating a turning towards, development in the direction of, or affinity to
- -tropy — -tropism
- tropes — Rhetoric. any literary or rhetorical device, as metaphor, metonymy, synecdoche, and irony, that consists in the use of words in other than their literal sense. an instance of this. Compare figure of speech.
- trophi — the mandibles or other parts of an insect's mouth
- trophy — anything taken in war, hunting, competition, etc., especially when preserved as a memento; spoil, prize, or award.
7 letter words containing trop
- -tropal — -tropic
- -trophy — indicating a certain type of nourishment or growth
- -tropic — turning or developing in response to a certain stimulus
- atrophy — If a muscle or other part of the body atrophies, it decreases in size or strength, often as a result of an illness.
- atropos — the one of the three Fates who severs the thread of life
8 letter words containing trop
- -trophic — of or relating to a (specified) kind of nutrition
- -tropism — indicating a tendency to turn or develop in response to a certain stimulus
- -tropous — indicating a turning away
- anatropy — (of a plant ovule) the condition of being inverted during development by a bending of the stalk causing the nucleus to point toward the base
- atrophia — Also, atrophia [uh-troh-fee-uh] /əˈtroʊ fi ə/ (Show IPA). Pathology. a wasting away of the body or of an organ or part, as from defective nutrition or nerve damage.
9 letter words containing trop
- allotrope — any of two or more physical forms in which an element can exist
- allotropy — the existence of an element in two or more physical forms. The most common elements having this property are carbon, sulphur, and phosphorus
- ametropia — loss of ability to focus images on the retina, caused by an imperfection in the refractive function of the eye
- ametropic — relating to ametropia
- atrophied — exhibiting or affected with atrophy; wasted; withered; shriveled: an atrophied arm; an atrophied talent.
10 letter words containing trop
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- aeolotropy — the state of substances that do not exhibit the same electrical, optical, or other physical qualities in all directions
- aerotropic — of or relating to the growth of plants towards or away from oxygen
- allotropes — Plural form of allotrope.
- allotropic — of or characterized by allotropy
11 letter words containing trop
- aeolotropic — anisotropic
- aerotropism — the growth of plants towards or away from a source of oxygen
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- allotropism — a property of certain elements, as carbon, sulfur, and phosphorus, of existing in two or more distinct forms; allomorphism.
- allotropous — (of flowers) having the nectar accessible to any species of insect
12 letter words containing trop
- allotropical — (chemistry, rare) Of or pertaining to an element that exhibits allotropy.
- amphitropous — (of a plant ovule) partially inverted so that the base and the micropyle at the apex are the same distance from the funicle
- anemotropism — orientation in response to a current of air.
- anisotropies — Plural form of anisotropy.
- anisotropism — the state of being anisotropic
13 letter words containing trop
- anisometropia — an imbalance in the power of the two eyes to refract light
- anisometropic — relating to anisometropia
- apheliotropic — growing in a direction away from the sunlight
- apogeotropism — negative geotropism, as shown by plant stems
- apostrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of apostrophize.
14 letter words containing trop
- alloiostrophos — irregularly divided, not in a regular pattern of strophe and antistrophe
- apheliotropism — a tendency of certain plants to turn away from the sun; negative heliotropism
- apostrophizing — Present participle of apostrophize.
- apotropaically — in an apotropaic manner
- astrophysicist — An astrophysicist is someone who studies astrophysics.
15 letter words containing trop
- anisotropically — Physics. of unequal physical properties along different axes. Compare isotropic (def 1).
- apostrophically — (rhetoric) Using apostrophe; with sudden exclamatory dialogue.
- astrophotograph — a photograph of the heavenly bodies
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
- astrophysically — from an astrophysical point of view
16 letter words containing trop
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- catastrophically — of the nature of a catastrophe, or disastrous event; calamitous: a catastrophic failure of the dam.
- chemoautotrophic — producing organic matter by the use of energy obtained by oxidation of certain chemicals with carbon dioxide as the carbon source
- chemoheterotroph — an organism that obtains its energy from the oxidation of organic compounds
- chemolithotrophs — Plural form of chemolithotroph.
17 letter words containing trop
- astrophotographer — A person, especially an astronomer, who takes photographs of the stars.
- catastrophization — The act or process of catastrophizing.
- cytotrophoblastic — Relating to, or containing, cytotrophoblasts.
- dielectrophoresis — Dielectrophoresis is the movement of uncharged particles (= ones with no electrical charge) when a changing electric field is applied.
- electrophysiology — The branch of physiology that deals with the electrical phenomena associated with nervous and other bodily activity.
18 letter words containing trop
- claustrophobically — In a claustrophobic way.
- electrophotography — Any of several methods of photocopying in which an image is created and then transferred between surfaces using static electricity.
- spectropolarimeter — an instrument for determining the extent to which plane-polarized light of various wavelengths is rotated by certain solutions, consisting of a combination of a spectroscope and a polarimeter.
- spectropolariscope — an instrument combining the functions of a spectroscope with those of a polariscope.
19 letter words containing trop
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- chemolithoautotroph — (biology) A chemoautotroph or lithoautotroph.
- electropalatography — the study of the movements of the tongue during speech using touch-sensitive electrodes in the mouth linked to a computer
- electrophoretically — By means of electrophoresis.
20 letter words containing trop
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- electrophysiological — Of or pertaining to electrophysiology.
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing trop
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- somatotrophic-hormone — a hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland, that stimulates growth in humans.
22 letter words containing trop
- electrophysiologically — In an electrophysiological way.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
23 letter words containing trop
- electrophotographically — In an electrophotographic manner; by means of electrophotography.
25 letter words containing trop
- petropavlovsk-kamchatskiy — seaport in E Asian Russia, on Kamchatka Peninsula: pop. 210,000
29 letter words containing trop
- trinitrophenylmethylnitramine — tetryl.
On this page, we collect all words with TROP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 661 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TROP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.