Words containing tri
5 letter words containing tri
- atria — Architecture. Also called cavaedium. the main or central room of an ancient Roman house, open to the sky at the center and usually having a pool for the collection of rain water. a courtyard, flanked or surrounded by porticoes, in front of an early or medieval Christian church. a skylit central court in a contemporary building or house.
- atrip — (of an anchor) no longer caught on the bottom; tripped; aweigh
- patri — Angelo [an-juh-loh] /ˈæn dʒəˌloʊ/ (Show IPA), 1877–1965, U.S. educator and writer, born in Italy.
- pitri — the legendary progenitor of any family.
- stria — a slight or narrow furrow, ridge, stripe, or streak, especially one of a number in parallel arrangement: striae of muscle fiber.
6 letter words containing tri
- antrim — a historical county of NE Northern Ireland, famous for the Giant's Causeway on the N coast: in 1973 it was replaced for administrative purposes by the districts of Antrim, Ballymena, Ballymoney, Carrickfergus, Larne, Moyle, Newtownabbey, and parts of Belfast and Lisburn. Area: 3100 sq km (1200 sq miles)
- astrid — a female given name: from Scandinavian, meaning “divine strength.”.
- atrial — Architecture. Also called cavaedium. the main or central room of an ancient Roman house, open to the sky at the center and usually having a pool for the collection of rain water. a courtyard, flanked or surrounded by porticoes, in front of an early or medieval Christian church. a skylit central court in a contemporary building or house.
- atrium — An atrium is a part of a building such as a hotel or shopping centre, which extends up through several floors of the building and often has a glass roof.
- attrit — to wear down or dispose of gradually
7 letter words containing tri
- astrict — to bind, confine, or constrict
- astride — If you sit or stand astride something, you sit or stand with one leg on each side of it.
- attrib. — attribute
- attrite — to wear down
- austria — a republic in central Europe: ruled by the Hapsburgs from 1282 to 1918; formed a dual monarchy with Hungary in 1867 and became a republic in 1919; a member of the European Union; contains part of the Alps, the Danube basin in the east, and extensive forests. Official language: German. Religion: Roman Catholic majority. Currency: euro. Capital: Vienna. Pop: 8 221 646 (2013 est). Area: 83 849 sq km (32 374 sq miles)
8 letter words containing tri
9 letter words containing tri
- altricial — (of the young of some species of birds after hatching) naked, blind, and dependent on the parents for food
- arbitrium — the power to decide
- astringed — to compress; bind together; constrict.
- astringer — a styptic or constrictive substance
- attribute — If you attribute something to an event or situation, you think that it was caused by that event or situation.
10 letter words containing tri
- allopatric — (of biological speciation or species) taking place or existing in areas that are geographically separated from one another
- alpestrine — (of plants) growing at high altitudes; subalpine
- altrincham — a residential town in NW England, in Trafford unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 40 695 (2001)
- amphitrite — a sea goddess, wife of Poseidon and mother of Triton
- anelectric — not capable of acquiring a static electric charge when subjected to friction.
11 letter words containing tri
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- acrocentric — (of a chromosome) having the centromere at one end
- afrocentric — centered on, emphasizing, or showing the influence of African or, sometimes, African-American history and culture
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
12 letter words containing tri
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- androcentric — having or regarding man or the male sex as central or primary
13 letter words containing tri
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- amitriptyline — a tricyclic antidepressant drug. Formula: C20H23N
- amphitrichate — having a single flagellum at each end.
- amphitrichous — having a single flagellum at each end.
14 letter words containing tri
- administratrix — a woman administrator
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
- asymmetrically — not identical on both sides of a central line; unsymmetrical; lacking symmetry: Most faces are asymmetric.
- bioelectricity — electricity generated by a living organism
- centrifugalize — to subject (something) to centrifugal motion
15 letter words containing tri
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing tri
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
- anti-trinitarian — believing in or adhering to the doctrine of the Trinity.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
17 letter words containing tri
- circumterrestrial — surrounding or revolving about the earth.
- fluvioterrestrial — (of animals) able to live in rivers and on land
- industrialisation — Alternative spelling of industrialization.
- industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
- nonstoichiometric — (of a solid compound) having a composition in which the ratio of the atoms present is not a simple integer
18 letter words containing tri
19 letter words containing tri
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- conscience-stricken — feeling anxious or guilty
- deindustrialization — the decline in importance of manufacturing industry in the economy of a nation or area
- industrial-strength — unusually strong, potent, or the like: heavy-duty: an industrial-strength soap.
20 letter words containing tri
21 letter words containing tri
22 letter words containing tri
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
23 letter words containing tri
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing tri
- magnetothermoelectricity — thermoelectricity induced or affected by a magnetic field.
29 letter words containing tri
31 letter words containing tri
On this page, we collect all words with TRI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3689 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TRI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.