Words containing to
4 letter words containing to
- acto — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- alto — An alto is a woman who has a low singing voice.
- atom — An atom is the smallest amount of a substance that can take part in a chemical reaction.
- aton — a solar deity declared by Amenhotep IV to be the only god, represented as a solar disk with rays ending in human hands.
- atop — If something is atop something else, it is on top of it.
5 letter words containing to
- aalto — Alvar (ˈalvar). 1898–1976, Finnish architect and furniture designer, noted particularly for his public and industrial buildings, in which wood is much used. He invented bent plywood furniture (1932)
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
- actor — An actor is someone whose job is acting in plays or films. 'Actor' in the singular usually refers to a man, but some women who act prefer to be called 'actors' rather than 'actresses'.
- actos — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- alto- — high
6 letter words containing to
- abator — a person who effects an abatement
- aceto- — containing an acetyl group or derived from acetic acid
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- aftosa — foot-and-mouth disease.
- aketon — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
7 letter words containing to
- abettor — a person who abets.
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
8 letter words containing to
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abington — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 56,000
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
9 letter words containing to
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abrogator — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- activator — a thing or person that activates
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- adaptogen — any of various natural substances used in herbal medicine to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
10 letter words containing to
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- absolutory — giving absolution.
- accrington — a town in NW England, in SE Lancashire. Pop: 35 203 (2001)
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
11 letter words containing to
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
12 letter words containing to
13 letter words containing to
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
14 letter words containing to
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
15 letter words containing to
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing to
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
17 letter words containing to
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
18 letter words containing to
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
19 letter words containing to
22 letter words containing to
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
On this page, we collect all words with TO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17578 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.