Words containing thon
5 letter words containing thon
6 letter words containing thon
7 letter words containing thon
- agathon — c450–c400 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- anthony — Saint. ?251–?356 ad, Egyptian hermit, commonly regarded as the founder of Christian monasticism. Feast day: Jan 17
- benthon — the aggregate of organisms that live on or in the benthos.
- brython — a Celt who speaks a Brythonic language
- cthonic — Alternative spelling of chthonic.
8 letter words containing thon
9 letter words containing thon
- bathonian — of or relating to Bath
- brythonic — the S group of Celtic languages, consisting of Welsh, Cornish, and Breton
- chthonian — of or relating to the underworld
- danthonia — any of various grasses of the genus Danthonia, of N temperate regions and South America
- diphthong — Phonetics. an unsegmentable, gliding speech sound varying continuously in phonetic quality but held to be a single sound or phoneme and identified by its apparent beginning and ending sound, as the oi- sound of toy or boil.
10 letter words containing thon
- allochthon — a geological formation not formed in the region where found and moved to its present location by tectonic forces. Compare autochthon (def 3).
- antichthon — counterearth.
- autochthon — one of the earliest known inhabitants of any country; aboriginal
- diphthongs — Phonetics. an unsegmentable, gliding speech sound varying continuously in phonetic quality but held to be a single sound or phoneme and identified by its apparent beginning and ending sound, as the oi- sound of toy or boil.
- drunkathon — a session in which excessive quantities of alcohol are consumed
11 letter words containing thon
- anacoluthon — a construction that involves the change from one grammatical sequence to another within a single sentence; an example of anacoluthia
- autochthons — Plural form of autochthon.
- autochthony — pertaining to autochthons; aboriginal; indigenous (opposed to heterochthonous).
- diphthongal — Pertaining to a diphthong.
- diphthongia — diplophonia.
12 letter words containing thon
- anacolouthon — Alternative spelling of anacoluthon (A break in sequence, that occurs when the scheme of a sentence is changed in its course. Incoherence in a sentence.).
- antichthones — the antipodes
- autochthonal — Existing where it was formed or born; native, aboriginal, indigenous.
- autochthones — Alternative spelling of autochthons.
- autochthonic — pertaining to autochthons; aboriginal; indigenous (opposed to heterochthonous).
13 letter words containing thon
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- autochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found where they and their constituents were formed
- chthonophagia — (disease) A disease characterized by the impulsive consumption of dirt, observed in some parts of the southern United States as well as the West Indies.
- decamethonium — a drug that is used to relax or loosen the muscles
- diphthongally — in a diphthongal manner
14 letter words containing thon
15 letter words containing thon
16 letter words containing thon
18 letter words containing thon
- monophthongization — to change into or pronounce as a monophthong.
On this page, we collect all words with THON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 123 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains THON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.