Words containing ta
4 letter words containing ta
5 letter words containing ta
- adyta — (in ancient worship) a sacred place that the public was forbidden to enter; an inner shrine.
- agata — an American art glass having a mottled, glossy, white and rose surface.
- agita — acid indigestion
- akita — a large powerfully-built dog of a Japanese breed with erect ears, a typically white coat, and a large full tail carried curled over its back
- alta. — Alberta
6 letter words containing ta
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- actant — (in valency grammar) a noun phrase functioning as the agent of the main verb of a sentence
- agitas — heartburn; indigestion.
- agouta — a Haitian rodent, Solenodon paradoxus
- aintab — Gaziantep
7 letter words containing ta
- abatage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
- abuttal — abuttals. those parts of one piece of land that abut on adjacent lands; boundaries. Also, buttals. Law. the boundary lines of a piece of land in relation to adjacent lands.
- acetate — Acetate is a shiny artificial material, sometimes used for making clothes or records.
- actable — that can be acted
8 letter words containing ta
- abatable — able to be abated
- abattage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abeokuta — a town in W Nigeria, capital of Ogun state. Pop: 487 000 (2005 est)
- abietate — a salt or ester of abietic acid.
- abuttals — the boundaries of a plot of land where it abuts against other property
9 letter words containing ta
- ablactate — to wean.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
10 letter words containing ta
- abirritant — relieving irritation
- abirritate — to soothe or make less irritable
- abstaining — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- acceptable — Acceptable activities and situations are those that most people approve of or consider to be normal.
11 letter words containing ta
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
12 letter words containing ta
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
13 letter words containing ta
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
14 letter words containing ta
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- alveolopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
- antagonization — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
15 letter words containing ta
- anti-capitalism — an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
- anti-puritanism — the principles and practices of the Puritans.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
- antiperistalsis — contractions of the intestine that force the contents in the opposite direction to the normal
- antiperistaltic — reversed peristaltic action of the intestines, by which their contents are carried upward.
16 letter words containing ta
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
17 letter words containing ta
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
18 letter words containing ta
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing ta
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
20 letter words containing ta
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
22 letter words containing ta
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing ta
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing ta
28 letter words containing ta
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing ta
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with TA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17478 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.