Words containing styl
5 letter words containing styl
6 letter words containing styl
- -style — -style combines with nouns and adjectives to form adjectives which describe the style or characteristics of something.
- stylar — having the shape of an ancient style; resembling a pen, pin, or peg.
- styler — a person or thing that styles.
- stylet — a stiletto or dagger.
- stylie — fashion-conscious
7 letter words containing styl
8 letter words containing styl
- diastyle — having columns about three diameters apart
- epistyle — architrave (sense 1)
- misstyle — a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- neostyle — a manifolding device similar to the cyclostyle.
- nonstyle — a style that cannot be identified as such
9 letter words containing styl
- antistyle — a style that rejects or subverts conventional style
- areostyle — (of columned buildings) having a wide intercolumniation equal to four or more diameters of one of the columns
- decastyle — a portico consisting of ten columns
- endostyle — (zoology) A longitudinal ciliated groove on the ventral wall of the pharynx which produces mucus to gather food particles, found in urochordates and cephalochordates and in the larvae of lampreys.
- freestyle — Swimming. competition in which any of the standard strokes may be used, according to the swimmer's choice. the crawl.
10 letter words containing styl
- araeostyle — having an intercolumniation of four diameters.
- cyclostyle — a kind of pen with a small toothed wheel, used for cutting minute holes in a specially prepared stencil. Copies of the design so formed can be printed on a duplicator by forcing ink through the holes
- cyrtostyle — a convex portico, as at an entrance.
- decastyles — Plural form of decastyle.
- decastylos — a decastyle building, as a classical temple.
11 letter words containing styl
- amphistylar — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends or at both sides
- anastylosis — the restoration of a ruined monument or building by reassembling fallen parts and, when necessary, incorporating newmaterials.
- blastostyle — the central rodlike portion of a gonangium, upon which buds that develop into medusae are formed.
- boxer-style — cut or fashioned in the style of boxer shorts: men's boxer-style bathing suits.
- cyclostylar — (architecture) Of or pertaining to a cyclostyle (a circular group of columns without a core).
12 letter words containing styl
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
- araeosystyle — (of columned buildings) having an alternately very wide and very narrow intercolumniation
- counterstyle — an opposing style
- cyclostyling — Present participle of cyclostyle.
- dodecastylos — a dodecastyle building, as a classical temple.
13 letter words containing styl
14 letter words containing styl
15 letter words containing styl
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
On this page, we collect all words with STYL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 182 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains STYL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.