Words containing sty
3 letter words containing sty
- sty — a pen or enclosure for swine; pigpen.
4 letter words containing sty
- stye — a circumscribed abscess caused by bacterial infection of the glands on the edge of the eyelid; hordeolum.
- styr — a river in NW Ukraine, flowing N to the Pripet River. 300 miles (480 km) long.
- styx — a river in the underworld, over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon, and by which the gods swore their most solemn oaths.
5 letter words containing sty
6 letter words containing sty
- -nasty — indicating a nastic movement to a certain stimulus
- -style — -style combines with nouns and adjectives to form adjectives which describe the style or characteristics of something.
- angsty — displaying or feeling angst, esp in a self-conscious manner
- beasty — Alternative form of beastie.
- blasty — blustery
7 letter words containing sty
- -plasty — indicating plastic surgery involving a bodily part, tissue, or a specified process
- agastya — the legendary Aryan sage who introduced the Vedas to southern India.
- amnesty — An amnesty is an official pardon granted to a group of prisoners by the state.
- astylar — without columns or pilasters
- bheesty — (in India) a water carrier.
8 letter words containing sty
- astyanax — the young son of Hector and Andromache, who was hurled from the walls of Troy by the Greeks
- diastyle — having columns about three diameters apart
- epinasty — (botany) the downward curvature of leaves etc due to differential growth rates.
- epistyle — architrave (sense 1)
- harmosty — the office of a harmost
9 letter words containing sty
- anaplasty — Surgery. reconstruction or restoration, especially by plastic surgery, of a lost or injured part.
- antistyle — a style that rejects or subverts conventional style
- areostyle — (of columned buildings) having a wide intercolumniation equal to four or more diameters of one of the columns
- contrasty — (of a photograph or subject) having sharp gradations in tone, esp between light and dark areas
- decastyle — a portico consisting of ten columns
10 letter words containing sty
- alloplasty — implantation of a synthetic material to replace a diseased or damaged body tissue or organ.
- amnestying — Present participle of amnesty.
- araeostyle — having an intercolumniation of four diameters.
- autoplasty — surgical repair of defects by grafting or transplanting tissue from the patient's own body
- chemonasty — the nastic movement of a plant in response to a chemical stimulus
11 letter words containing sty
- amphistylar — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends or at both sides
- anastylosis — the restoration of a ruined monument or building by reassembling fallen parts and, when necessary, incorporating newmaterials.
- angioplasty — a surgical technique for restoring normal blood flow through an artery narrowed or blocked by atherosclerosis, either by inserting a balloon into the narrowed section and inflating it or by using a laser beam
- blastostyle — the central rodlike portion of a gonangium, upon which buds that develop into medusae are formed.
- boxer-style — cut or fashioned in the style of boxer shorts: men's boxer-style bathing suits.
12 letter words containing sty
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
- araeosystyle — (of columned buildings) having an alternately very wide and very narrow intercolumniation
- arthroplasty — surgical repair of a diseased joint
- bloodthirsty — Bloodthirsty people are eager to use violence or display a strong interest in violent things. You can also use bloodthirsty to refer to very violent situations.
- cheiloplasty — plastic surgery of the lip.
13 letter words containing sty
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- dermatoplasty — any surgical operation on the skin, esp skin grafting
- galvanoplasty — electrotypy.
- heterostylism — the condition of being heterostyled
- myringoplasty — (surgery) The closure of the perforation of pars tensa of the tympanic membrane.
14 letter words containing sty
15 letter words containing sty
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
On this page, we collect all words with STY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 378 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains STY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.