Words containing stor
5 letter words containing stor
- astor — John Jacob, 1st Baron Astor of Hever. 1886–1971, British proprietor of The Times (1922–66)
- store — an establishment where merchandise is sold, usually on a retail basis.
- stork — any of several wading birds of the family Ciconiidae, having long legs and a long neck and bill. Compare adjutant stork, jabiru, marabou (def 1), white stork, wood ibis.
- storm — Theodore Woldsen [tey-aw-dawr vawlt-suh n] /ˈteɪ ɔˌdɔr ˈvɔlt sən/ (Show IPA), 1817–88, German poet and novelist.
- story — a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale.
6 letter words containing stor
- -story — -story is used after numbers to form adjectives that indicate that a building has a particular number of floors or levels.
- astore — (transitive) To store; to furnish with stores.[https://www.wordnik.com/words/astore The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, via Wordnik.com] (accessed 19 March 2016).
- castor — Castors are small wheels fitted to a piece of furniture so that it can be moved more easily.
- nestor — the oldest and wisest of the Greeks in the Trojan War and a king of Pylos.
- pastor — a minister or priest in charge of a church.
7 letter words containing stor
- -storey — -storey is used after numbers to form adjectives that indicate that a building has a particular number of floors or levels.
- agistor — a person who grazes cattle for money
- alastor — an avenging spirit or demon
- astoria — a port in NW Oregon, near the mouth of the Columbia River: founded as a fur-trading post in 1811 by John Jacob Astor. Pop: 9660 (2003 est)
- bestorm — to assault
8 letter words containing stor
- -storied — -storied means the same as -story.
- adjustor — a person or thing that adjusts.
- ancestor — Your ancestors are the people from whom you are descended.
- arrestor — Also, arrestor. a person or thing that arrests.
- assistor — to give support or aid to; help: Please assist him in moving the furniture.
9 letter words containing stor
10 letter words containing stor
- anti-story — a narrative of short-story length that makes no effort to follow a plot and ignores structural conventions, character motivations, and the like.
- bernstorff — Count Johann-Heinrich [yoh-hahn-hahyn-rikh] /ˈyoʊ hɑnˈhaɪn rɪx/ (Show IPA), 1862–1939, German diplomat.
- blamestorm — (of colleagues in a business, government, etc) to meet in order to apportion blame for an error or failure
- blindstory — a windowless story
- brainstorm — If you have a brainstorm, you suddenly become unable to think clearly.
11 letter words containing stor
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- ancestorial — of, belonging to, or relating to ancestors
- barnstormed — Simple past tense and past participle of barnstorm.
- barnstormer — to conduct a campaign or speaking tour in rural areas by making brief stops in many small towns.
- blindstorey — a storey without windows, such as a gallery in a Gothic church
12 letter words containing stor
13 letter words containing stor
14 letter words containing stor
- antihistorical — opposed to history or to methods which emphasize or require historical study
- art-historical — of or concerned with the history of art
- ethnohistorian — One who studies ethnohistory.
- historicalness — The quality of being historical.
- historiography — the body of literature dealing with historical matters; histories collectively.
15 letter words containing stor
- anti-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
- historicization — Act or process of historicizing.
- historiographer — a historian, especially one appointed to write an official history of a group, period, or institution.
- historiographic — the body of literature dealing with historical matters; histories collectively.
- pastoralization — to make pastoral or rural.
16 letter words containing stor
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- historiographies — Plural form of historiography.
- pseudohistorical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
- quasi-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
17 letter words containing stor
19 letter words containing stor
- historiographically — In a historiographical manner; by means of a historiography.
21 letter words containing stor
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
23 letter words containing stor
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
On this page, we collect all words with STOR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 629 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains STOR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.