Words containing stem
4 letter words containing stem
- stem — science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, considered as a group of academic or career fields (often used attributively): degree programs in STEM disciplines; teaching STEM in high school.
5 letter words containing stem
- stems — science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, considered as a group of academic or career fields (often used attributively): degree programs in STEM disciplines; teaching STEM in high school.
6 letter words containing stem
- destem — to remove the stem from (a fruit or vegetable); stem.
- restem — to move or force back against a current
- stemma — ocellus (def 1).
- stemmy — (of wine) having a bitter taste due to being fermented in contact with grape stems
- system — an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
7 letter words containing stem
- diastem — a minor interruption in the deposition of sedimentary material
- listeme — (linguistics) An item that is memorized as part of a list, as opposed to being generated by a rule.
- stemlet — a little or young stem
- stemmed — having a stem or a specified kind of stem (often used in combination): a long-stemmed rose.
- stemmer — an implement for stemming or tamping.
8 letter words containing stem
- -stemmed — -stemmed is added to adjectives to form adjectives which indicate what the stem of something is like.
- blastema — a mass of undifferentiated animal cells that will develop into an organ or tissue: present at the site of regeneration of a lost part
- bluestem — a name applied to a number of North American prairie grasses
- diastema — an abnormal space, fissure, or cleft in a bodily organ or part
- episteme — (philosophy) Scientific knowledge; a principled system of understanding; sometimes contrasted with 'empiricism'.
9 letter words containing stem
- austemper — to harden (steel) by heating and quenching to render it austenitic.
- blastemal — of or relating to blastema
- brainstem — the stalklike part of the brain consisting of the medulla oblongata, the midbrain, and the pons Varolii
- destemmed — to remove the stem from (a fruit or vegetable); stem.
- diastemic — a minor hiatus in an orderly succession of sedimentary rocks.
10 letter words containing stem
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- de-stemmed — to remove the stem from (a fruit or vegetable); stem.
- destemming — to remove the stem from (a fruit or vegetable); stem.
- diastemata — Plural form of diastema.
- ecosystems — a system, or a group of interconnected elements, formed by the interaction of a community of organisms with their environment.
11 letter words containing stem
- blastematic — blastemal
- diastematic — characterized by diastema
- distempered — Art. a technique of decorative painting in which glue or gum is used as a binder or medium to achieve a mat surface and rapid drying. (formerly) the tempera technique.
- gynostemium — the united stamens and pistil of an orchid.
- intersystem — an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
12 letter words containing stem
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- chronosystem — A pattern of events and transitions over the course of a person's life.
- cryptosystem — a system for encoding and decoding secret messages.
- distemperate — (obsolete) immoderate.
- distemperoid — resembling distemper.
13 letter words containing stem
14 letter words containing stem
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- biosystematics — the study of the variation and evolution of a population of organisms in relation to their taxonomic classification
- biosystematist — someone who studies or works professionally in the field of biosystematics
- diplostemonous — having two whorls of stamens, with the outer whorl opposite the sepals and the inner whorl opposite the petals.
- distemperature — a distempered or disordered condition; disturbance of health, mind, or temper.
15 letter words containing stem
16 letter words containing stem
- meristematically — In a meristematic way.
- operating-system — the collection of software that directs a computer's operations, controlling and scheduling the execution of other programs, and managing storage, input/output, and communication resources. Abbreviation: OS.
- unsystematically — having, showing, or involving a system, method, or plan: a systematic course of reading; systematic efforts.
17 letter words containing stem
- epistemologically — In a manner that pertains to epistemology.
18 letter words containing stem
- system-programming — a program, as an operating system, compiler, or utility program, that controls some aspect of the operation of a computer (opposed to application program).
On this page, we collect all words with STEM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 638 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains STEM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.