Words containing speak
5 letter words containing speak
- speak — to utter words or articulate sounds with the ordinary voice; talk: He was too ill to speak.
6 letter words containing speak
- -speak — -speak is used to form nouns which refer to the kind of language used by a particular person or by people involved in a particular activity. You use -speak when you disapprove of this kind of language because it is difficult for other people to understand.
7 letter words containing speak
- adspeak — the kind of language or jargon used in advertising or in advertisements
- bespeak — If someone's action or behaviour bespeaks a particular quality, feeling, or experience, it shows that quality, feeling, or experience.
- respeak — to speak or say (something) again
- speaker — Tris(tram E.) 1888–1958, U.S. baseball player.
- unspeak — to recant; unsay.
8 letter words containing speak
- artspeak — (language) An early simple language for plotter graphics.
- forspeak — to bewitch
- misspeak — Express oneself insufficiently clearly or accurately.
- netspeak — internet jargon
- newspeak — (sometimes initial capital letter) an official or semiofficial style of writing or saying one thing in the guise of its opposite, especially in order to serve a political or ideological cause while pretending to be objective, as in referring to “increased taxation” as “revenue enhancement.”.
9 letter words containing speak
- -speaking — -speaking combines with nouns referring to languages to form adjectives which indicate what language someone speaks, or what language is spoken in a particular region.
- forespeak — to predict; foretell.
- geekspeak — Technical jargon regarded as characteristic of that used by computer enthusiasts.
- leetspeak — a coded spelling system and language used in very informal communications on the Internet, featuring letters combined with numbers or special characters in place of letters that they may resemble, and including inventive misspellings, jargon, and slang.
- nukespeak — Informal. euphemistic language and obscuring jargon used in discussions of nuclear weapons, nuclear power, etc.: nukespeak that minimizes the risks of nuclear war.
10 letter words containing speak
- diplospeak — the polite and placatory language usually associated with diplomats
- greenspeak — the jargon used by those who campaign for the conservation of the world's natural resources and the improvement of the environment
- mediaspeak — The jargon used by the media.
- nonspeaker — a person who does not or cannot speak
- speak-easy — a place where alcoholic drinks are sold illegally, esp. such a place in the U.S. during Prohibition
11 letter words containing speak
- doctorspeak — the language of physicians and other health professionals; specialized or technical jargon used by healthcare workers.
- doublespeak — evasive, ambiguous language that is intended to deceive or confuse.
- loudspeaker — any of various devices, usually electronic, by which speech, music, etc., can be intensified and made audible throughout a room, hall, or the like.
- mellowspeak — bland or vague language associated with New Age philosophy
- misspeaking — (obsolete) Speaking ill; defamation, slander.
12 letter words containing speak
13 letter words containing speak
15 letter words containing speak
16 letter words containing speak
- english-speaking — speaking English as a mother tongue
19 letter words containing speak
- portuguese-speaking — being a speaker of Portuguese; having Portuguese as the national language
On this page, we collect all words with SPEAK. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 103 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SPEAK that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.