Words containing spe
4 letter words containing spe
- spec — Usually, specs. specification (def 2).
- sped — a simple past tense and past participle of speed.
- spee — Maximilian von [mahk-si-mee-lee-ahn fuh n] /ˌmɑk sɪˈmi liˌɑn fən/ (Show IPA), 1861–1941, German admiral.
- spek — bacon, fat, or fatty pork used for larding venison or other game
- spew — to discharge the contents of the stomach through the mouth; vomit.
5 letter words containing spe
- aspen — An aspen is a tall tree with leaves that move a lot in the wind.
- asper — a former Turkish monetary unit, a silver coin, worth 1⁄120 of a piastre
- esper — A person supposed to have paranormal abilities.
- gaspe — a town in SE Quebec, in E Canada on the NE end of the Gaspé Peninsula.
- jaspe — given a veined and spotted appearance imitating jasper.
6 letter words containing spe
- -speak — -speak is used to form nouns which refer to the kind of language used by a particular person or by people involved in a particular activity. You use -speak when you disapprove of this kind of language because it is difficult for other people to understand.
- -speed — -speed is used after numbers to form adjectives that indicate that a bicycle or car has a particular number of gears.
- -sperm — (in botany) a seed
- aspect — An aspect of something is one of the parts of its character or nature.
- aspens — Plural form of aspen.
7 letter words containing spe
8 letter words containing spe
- -spermal — -spermous
- airspeed — An aircraft's airspeed is the speed at which it travels through the air.
- aspected — (astrology, obsolete) Subject to a particular planetary aspect.
- asperate — (of plant parts) having a rough surface due to a covering of short stiff hairs
- asperger — a developmental disorder characterized by severely impaired social skills, repetitive behaviors, and often, a narrow set of interests, but not involving delayed development of linguistic and cognitive abilities: now considered one of the autism spectrum disorders.
9 letter words containing spe
- -speaking — -speaking combines with nouns referring to languages to form adjectives which indicate what language someone speaks, or what language is spoken in a particular region.
- -specific — limited or specific to, characteristic of (a specified thing or person)
- aspectant — (of birds, fish, and animals other than beasts of prey) face to face; respectant.
- aspectual — of or relating to grammatical aspect
- aspergill — An aspergillum.
10 letter words containing spe
- angiosperm — any seed-bearing plant of the phylum Angiospermophyta (division Angiospermae in traditional systems), in which the ovules are enclosed in an ovary, which develops into the fruit after fertilization; any flowering plant
- aspectable — having the ability to be seen
- asperating — to make rough, harsh, or uneven: a voice asperated by violent emotion.
- asperation — The act of asperating; a making or becoming rough.
- aspergilla — Plural form of aspergillum.
11 letter words containing spe
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- asperations — Plural form of asperation.
- aspergation — the action of sprinkling, suffusing or irrigating with water
- aspergillum — a brush or perforated container for sprinkling holy water
- aspergillus — any ascomycetous fungus of the genus Aspergillus, having chains of conidia attached like bristles to a club-shaped stalk: family Aspergillaceae
12 letter words containing spe
13 letter words containing spe
- angiospermous — of or relating to an angiosperm; having enclosed seeds.
- aspergillosis — a rare fungal infection, esp of the mucous membranes or lungs, caused by various species of Aspergillus
- biospeleology — the study of organisms that live in caves.
- chew-'n'-spew — any fast-food restaurant considered to be serving poor quality food
- circumspectly — watchful and discreet; cautious; prudent: circumspect behavior.
14 letter words containing spe
- asthenospermia — (medicine) Loss or reduction in the strength or energy of sperm cells, hence infertility. Not always infertile many are subfertile.
- asthenospermic — (medicine) Characterised by or pertaining to asthenospermia, hence infertile.
- bioprospecting — searching for plant or animal species for use as a source of commercially exploitable products, such as medicinal drugs
- broad-spectrum — effective against a wide variety of diseases or microorganisms
- businesspeople — a person regularly employed in business, especially a white-collar worker, executive, or owner.
15 letter words containing spe
- antispeculation — opposed to or acting against excessive oil speculation
- antispeculative — opposed to or acting against speculation
- castanospermine — a substance obtained from the Australian chestnut or black bean tree
- circumspectness — the quality of being circumspect
- despecification — The act of generalizing, or making less specific.
16 letter words containing spe
- craftspersonship — The body of activities, skills, techniques, knowledge, and expertise pertinent to (a) particular craft(s).
- english-speaking — speaking English as a mother tongue
- indispensability — absolutely necessary, essential, or requisite: an indispensable member of the staff.
- introspectionist — observation or examination of one's own mental and emotional state, mental processes, etc.; the act of looking within oneself.
- misspecification — An incorrect specification.
17 letter words containing spe
- de-specialization — the act of specializing, or pursuing a particular line of study or work: Medical students with high student loans often feel driven into specialization.
- dispensationalism — the interpreting of history as a series of divine dispensations.
- disrespectability — Lack of respectability.
- disrespectfulness — The state or quality of being disrespectful; disrespect; disregard.
- indispensableness — The characteristic of being indispensable; indispensability.
18 letter words containing spe
- overspecialization — excessive specialization, as in a field of study.
- spectrocolorimetry — the quantitative measure of colors by spectrophotometry.
- spectrofluorimeter — an instrument in which the spectrum of secondarily emitted fluorescent light is used to identify chemical compounds.
- spectrofluorometer — an instrument in which the spectrum of secondarily emitted fluorescent light is used to identify chemical compounds.
- spectroheliography — the process of obtaining an image of the sun in light of a particular wavelength, such as calcium or hydrogen, showing the distribution of the element over the surface and in the solar atmosphere, using a spectroheliograph
19 letter words containing spe
20 letter words containing spe
22 letter words containing spe
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
On this page, we collect all words with SPE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1690 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SPE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.