Words containing sp
3 letter words containing sp
- asp — the venomous snake, probably Naja haje (Egyptian cobra), that caused the death of Cleopatra and was formerly used by the Pharaohs as a symbol of their power over life and death
- bsp — British Standard pipe thread
- dsp — Digital Signal Processing
- isp — Ichnospecies.
- msp — An MSP is someone who has been elected as a member of the Scottish Parliament. MSP is an abbreviation for 'Member of the Scottish Parliament'.
4 letter words containing sp
- cusp — any of the small elevations on the grinding or chewing surface of a tooth
- gasp — a sudden, short intake of breath, as in shock or surprise.
- hasp — Houston Automatic Spooling Program
- issp — Intensive Supervision and Surveillance Programme: a method of dealing with persistent young offenders involving electronic tagging and making a digital photograph of the subject available for recognition by CCTV surveillance cameras
- lisp — a high-level programming language that processes data in the form of lists: widely used in artificial intelligence applications.
5 letter words containing sp
- aspen — An aspen is a tall tree with leaves that move a lot in the wind.
- asper — a former Turkish monetary unit, a silver coin, worth 1⁄120 of a piastre
- aspic — Aspic is a clear shiny jelly made from meat juices. It is used in making cold savoury meat dishes.
- aspro — an associate professor at an academic institution
- clasp — If you clasp someone or something, you hold them tightly in your hands or arms.
6 letter words containing sp
- aspect — An aspect of something is one of the parts of its character or nature.
- aspire — If you aspire to something such as an important job, you have a strong desire to achieve it.
- auspex — in ancient Rome, an augur, or diviner, esp. one who watched for omens in the flight of birds
- caspar — (in Christian tradition) one of the Magi, the other two being Melchior and Balthazar
- casper — city in central Wyo.: pop. 50,000
7 letter words containing sp
- anaspid — any member of an extinct order, Anaspida, of small, freshwater jawless fishes of the Silurian and Devonian periods, characterized by a single nostril, narrow rows of scales, and, usually, an armor-plated head.
- aruspex — haruspex.
- aspasia — 5th century bc, Greek courtesan; mistress of Pericles
- asperse — to spread false rumours about; defame
- asphalt — Asphalt is a black substance used to make the surfaces of things such as roads and playgrounds.
8 letter words containing sp
- airspace — A country's airspace is the part of the sky that is over that country and is considered to belong to it.
- airspeed — An aircraft's airspeed is the speed at which it travels through the air.
- allspice — Allspice is a powder used as a spice in cooking, which is made from the berries of a tropical American tree.
- apospory — development of the gametophyte from the sporophyte without the formation of spores
- aruspicy — haruspicy.
9 letter words containing sp
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- aerospace — Aerospace companies are involved in developing and making rockets, missiles, space vehicles, and related equipment.
- air-spray — pertaining to compressed-air spraying devices or to liquids used in them.
- ascospore — one of the spores (usually eight in number) that are produced in an ascus
10 letter words containing sp
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- aerosphere — the entire atmosphere surrounding the earth
- androspore — the zoospore of certain algae that develops into a small male plant producing antherozoids.
- angiosperm — any seed-bearing plant of the phylum Angiospermophyta (division Angiospermae in traditional systems), in which the ovules are enclosed in an ovary, which develops into the fruit after fertilization; any flowering plant
- archespore — the cell or group of cells in a sporangium that gives rise to spores
11 letter words containing sp
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- androsphinx — a sphinx having the head of a man
- anglosphere — a group of English-speaking countries that share common roots in British culture and history, usually the UK, the US, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada
- aplanospore — a nonmotile asexual spore produced by certain algae and fungi
12 letter words containing sp
- archesporial — the primitive cell, or group of cells, that give rise to the cells from which spores are derived.
- archesporium — archespore.
- arsphenamine — a drug containing arsenic, formerly used in the treatment of syphilis and related infections
- arthrospores — an isolated vegetative cell that has passed into a resting state, occurring in bacteria and not regarded as a true spore.
- asparaginase — an enzyme used in treating leukaemia
13 letter words containing sp
- angiospermous — of or relating to an angiosperm; having enclosed seeds.
- antispasmodic — preventing or arresting spasms, esp in smooth muscle
- aspergillosis — a rare fungal infection, esp of the mucous membranes or lungs, caused by various species of Aspergillus
- asthenosphere — a thin semifluid layer of the earth (100–200 km thick), below the outer rigid lithosphere, forming part of the mantle and thought to be able to flow vertically and horizontally, enabling sections of lithosphere to subside, rise, and undergo lateral movement
- atmospherical — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
14 letter words containing sp
- allotransplant — allograft.
- anthroposphere — noosphere.
- antiperspirant — an astringent substance applied to the skin to reduce or prevent perspiration
- asthenospermia — (medicine) Loss or reduction in the strength or energy of sperm cells, hence infertility. Not always infertile many are subfertile.
- autotransplant — autograft.
15 letter words containing sp
- antitranspirant — any substance that decreases transpiration and, usually, photosynthesis
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
- correspondences — communication by exchange of letters.
- correspondingly — You use correspondingly when describing a situation which is closely connected with one you have just mentioned or is similar to it.
- cryptosporidium — any parasitic sporozoan protozoan of the genus Cryptosporidium, species of which are parasites of birds and animals and can be transmitted to humans, causing severe abdominal pain and diarrhoea (cryptosporidiosis)
16 letter words containing sp
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
- conspiratorially — the act of conspiring.
- counter-response — an answer or reply, as in words or in some action.
- counterespionage — Counterespionage is the same as counterintelligence.
- cyclophosphamide — an alkylating agent used in the treatment of leukaemia and lymphomas
17 letter words containing sp
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- conspiratorialist — a person who believes in or supports a conspiracy theory.
18 letter words containing sp
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- disproportionation — the simultaneous oxidation and reduction of a substance reacting with itself, thereby forming two dissimilar molecules, as 2C 2 H 4 →C 2 H 6 +C 2 H 2 .
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing sp
21 letter words containing sp
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing sp
- interrogator-responsor — a radio or radar transceiver for sending a signal to a transponder and receiving and interpreting the reply.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
24 letter words containing sp
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
26 letter words containing sp
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
On this page, we collect all words with SP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6682 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.