Words containing so
3 letter words containing so
- aso — a group of five volcanic cones in Japan on central Kyushu, one of which, Naka-dake, has the largest crater in the world, between 16 km (10 miles) and 24 km (15 miles) in diameter. Highest cone: 1592 m (5223 ft)
- cso — community support officer
- dso — Distinguished Service Order
- iso — isolated camera.
4 letter words containing so
- also — You can use also to give more information about a person or thing, or to add another relevant fact.
- bsod — Blue Screen of Death
- cbso — City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- cuso — Canadian University Services Overseas; an organization that sends students to work as volunteers in developing countries
- deso — designated driver.
5 letter words containing so
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- alsop — Joseph W(right) 1910–1989, U.S. political journalist and writer.
- anson — a male given name.
- arson — Arson is the crime of deliberately setting fire to a building or vehicle.
- asoka — died 232 bc, Indian emperor (?273–232 bc), who elevated Buddhism to the official state religion
6 letter words containing so
- absorb — If something absorbs a liquid, gas, or other substance, it soaks it up or takes it in.
- adsorb — to undergo or cause to undergo a process in which a substance, usually a gas, accumulates on the surface of a solid forming a thin film, often only one molecule thick
- afonso — Portuguese name of Alfonso I and Alfonso V.
- alison — a feminine name
- alonso — Alicia (Alicia Ernestina de la Caridad del Cobre Martínez Hoyo) born 1921, Cuban ballerina.
7 letter words containing so
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
- addison — Joseph. 1672–1719, English essayist and poet who, with Richard Steele, founded The Spectator (1711–14) and contributed most of its essays, including the de Coverley Papers
- advisor — one who gives advice.
8 letter words containing so
- absolute — Absolute means total and complete.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- absonant — inharmonious
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- absorber — a person or thing that absorbs
9 letter words containing so
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
10 letter words containing so
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
11 letter words containing so
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- accessorial — of or like an accessory; supplementary
- accessories — Accessories belong to a product category in fashion stores, which includes items such as scarves, hats, gloves, belts, and purses.
- accessorise — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
12 letter words containing so
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- alexanderson — Ernst F. W [urnst] /ɜrnst/ (Show IPA), 1878–1975, U.S. engineer and inventor.
- anchorperson — the primary reporter on a news television broadcast
13 letter words containing so
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
14 letter words containing so
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
- anti-socialist — a person who opposes socialism.
15 letter words containing so
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- anisotropically — Physics. of unequal physical properties along different axes. Compare isotropic (def 1).
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- cartier-bresson — Henri (ɑ̃ri). 1908–2004, French photographer
- chairpersonship — a person who presides over a meeting, committee, board, etc.
16 letter words containing so
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- forbes-robertson — Sir Johnston, 1853–1937, English actor and theatrical manager.
- gastroesophageal — Of or relating to the stomach and to the esophagus.
- glossopharyngeal — of or relating to the tongue and pharynx.
17 letter words containing so
- anti-isolationism — the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities.
- depersonalization — the act or an instance of depersonalizing
- impersonalization — to make impersonal: The dial system impersonalized the telephone.
21 letter words containing so
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
22 letter words containing so
- interrogator-responsor — a radio or radar transceiver for sending a signal to a transponder and receiving and interpreting the reply.
24 letter words containing so
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
On this page, we collect all words with SO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8274 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.