Words containing sho
4 letter words containing sho
- shoa — a former kingdom in E Africa: now a province of Ethiopia. 25,290 sq. mi. (65,501 sq. km). Capital: Addis Ababa.
- shod — a simple past tense and past participle of shoe.
- shoe — an external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle.
- shog — to shake; jolt.
- shoo — to drive away by saying or shouting “shoo.”.
5 letter words containing sho
- basho — a grand tournament in sumo wrestling
- bisho — a self-governing Bantu territory of South Africa on the Indian Ocean: granted independence in 1981 by South Africa, but not recognized by any other country as an independent state. 3200 sq. mi. (8300 sq. km). Capital: Bisho.
- nasho — compulsory military training; conscription
- posho — corn meal
- shoad — float (def 43).
6 letter words containing sho
- ashore — Someone or something that comes ashore comes from the sea onto the shore.
- beshow — a sablefish.
- bhisho — a town in S South Africa, on the Buffalo River adjacent to King Williams Town; the capital of Eastern Cape, it was formerly the capital of the Ciskei Bantu homeland: it is the centre of a sheep and cattle ranching area with various industries
- bishop — A bishop is a clergyman of high rank in the Roman Catholic, Anglican, and Orthodox churches.
- camsho — crooked
7 letter words containing sho
- airshot — aircheck
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
- asshole — If one person calls another person an asshole, they think that person is extremely stupid or has behaved in a stupid way.
- atishoo — Atishoo is used, especially in writing, to represent the sound that you make when you sneeze.
- beshout — to shout at or about
8 letter words containing sho
9 letter words containing sho
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- almshouse — Almshouses are houses in Britain which were built and run by charities to provide accommodation for poor or old people who could not afford to pay rent.
- angashore — a miserable person given to complaining
- antishock — designed to reduce the force of impact
10 letter words containing sho
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
- almshouses — Plural form of almshouse.
- alongshore — close to, by, or along a shore
- antishocks — antishock
- archbishop — In the Roman Catholic, Orthodox, and Anglican Churches, an archbishop is a bishop of the highest rank, who is in charge of all the bishops and priests in a particular country or region.
11 letter words containing sho
- aftershocks — Plural form of aftershock.
- archbishops — Plural form of archbishop.
- barber-shop — Also called, especially British, barber's shop. the place of business of a barber.
- barbershops — Plural form of barbershop.
- beanshooter — peashooter
12 letter words containing sho
- bean-shooter — peashooter.
- bishop's-cap — any of a genus (Mitella) of small woodland plants of the saxifrage family, with two-lobed seedcases shaped like a bishop's hat
- clotheshorse — a frame on which to hang laundry for drying or airing
- dishonesties — Plural form of dishonesty.
- dishonorable — showing lack of honor or integrity; ignoble; base; disgraceful; shameful: Cheating is dishonorable.
13 letter words containing sho
- alongshoreman — a person employed to load and unload ships
- archbishopric — the rank, office, or jurisdiction of an archbishop
- barbershopper — a member of a barbershop singing group.
- bishop's-weed — goutweed.
- clotheshorses — Plural form of clotheshorse.
14 letter words containing sho
- archbishoprics — Plural form of archbishopric.
- composite-shot — Also called composite shot. Movies, Television. a type of process photography in which two or more shots are juxtaposed and projected simultaneously on the screen.
- cover-shoulder — a type of blouse worn in Ghana
- electroshocked — Simple past tense and past participle of electroshock.
- foreshortening — Fine Arts. to reduce or distort (parts of a represented object that are not parallel to the picture plane) in order to convey the illusion of three-dimensional space as perceived by the human eye: often done according to the rules of perspective.
15 letter words containing sho
- antishoplifting — designed to prevent shoplifting
- comparison-shop — to compare prices and quality of competing merchandise.
- culture-shocked — a state of bewilderment and distress experienced by an individual who is suddenly exposed to a new, strange, or foreign social and cultural environment.
- droste-hulshoff — Annette Elisabeth Freiin von [ah-net-uh ey-lee-zah-bet frahy-in fuh n] /ɑˈnɛt ə eɪˈli zɑˌbɛt ˈfraɪ ɪn fən/ (Show IPA), 1797–1848, German poet.
- foreshortenings — Plural form of foreshortening.
16 letter words containing sho
- broad-shouldered — having broad shoulders
- dishonorableness — The property of being dishonorable.
- off-the-shoulder — not covering the shoulder
- round-shouldered — having the shoulders bent forward, giving a rounded form to the upper part of the back.
- sex-and-shopping — (of a novel) belonging to a genre of novel in which the central character, a woman, has a number of sexual encounters, and the author mentions the name of many up-market products
17 letter words containing sho
- dishonourableness — Alternative spelling of dishonorableness.
- narrow-shouldered — having shoulders which do not extend very far from the neck; not broad-shouldered
- square-shouldered — having the shoulders held back, giving a straight form to the upper part of the back.
26 letter words containing sho
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
On this page, we collect all words with SHO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1631 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SHO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.