Words containing shi
4 letter words containing shi
- shia — a member of one of the two great religious divisions of Islam that regards Ali, the son-in-law of Muhammad, as the legitimate successor of Muhammad, and disregards the three caliphs who succeeded him.
- shim — a thin slip or wedge of metal, wood, etc., for driving into crevices, as between machine parts to compensate for wear, or beneath bedplates, large stones, etc., to level them.
- shin — the 13th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- ship — a romantic relationship between fictional characters, especially one that people discuss, write about, or take an interest in, whether or not the romance actually exists in the original book, show, etc.: popular ships in fan fiction.
- shit — excrement; feces.
5 letter words containing shi
- dashi — a clear stock made from dried fish and kelp
- ishim — a river in Kazakhstan and W Siberia, Russia, flowing NW and NE to the Irtysh River. 1130 miles (1818 km) long.
- kashi — a city in W Xinjiang Uygur, in extreme W China.
- kishi — Nobusuke [naw-boo-soo-ke] /ˌnɔ bʊˈsu kɛ/ (Show IPA), 1896–1987, Japanese statesman: premier 1958–60.
- moshi — a city in N Tanzania.
6 letter words containing shi
7 letter words containing shi
- airship — An airship is an aircraft that consists of a large balloon which is filled with gas and is powered by an engine. It has a section underneath for passengers.
- akashic — Of or pertaining to akasha.
- apeshit — (slang) Out of control due to anger or excitement.
- banshie — (in Irish folklore) a spirit in the form of a wailing woman who appears to or is heard by members of a family as a sign that one of them is about to die.
- bashing — a crushing blow.
8 letter words containing shi
9 letter words containing shi
- adminship — The role of an administrator; administratorship.
- ambushing — an act or instance of lying concealed so as to attack by surprise: The highwaymen waited in ambush near the road.
- amidships — Amidships means halfway along the length of a ship.
- arhatship — the state of having achieved enlightenment, which is the ultimate goal of Theravada Buddhists
- backshift — The changing of a present tense in direct speech to a past tense in reported speech (or a past tense to pluperfect).
10 letter words containing shi
- abolishing — Present participle of abolish.
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- airmanship — the skill or art of flying an aircraft
- anguishing — excruciating or acute distress, suffering, or pain: the anguish of grief.
11 letter words containing shi
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- advisership — the office or post of an adviser
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- airbrushing — Present participle of airbrush.
- apostleship — the position or duty of an apostle
12 letter words containing shi
- athwartships — from one side to the other of a vessel at right angles to the keel
- attorneyship — The office or profession of an attorney.
- bachelorship — the state of being a bachelor; bachelorhood
- backslashing — Present participle of backslash.
- bashi-bazouk — a member of the notoriously brutal 19th-cent. Turkish irregulars
13 letter words containing shi
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accomplishing — Present participle of accomplish.
- admonishingly — in an admonishing manner
- assistantship — a graduate post which requires the student to carry out some teaching duties in return for financial assistance
- associateship — to connect or bring into relation, as thought, feeling, memory, etc.: Many people associate dark clouds with depression and gloom.
14 letter words containing shi
- accountantship — the occupation or post of an accountant
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
- apprenticeship — Someone who has an apprenticeship works for a fixed period of time for a person who has a particular skill in order to learn the skill. Apprenticeship is the system of learning a skill like this.
- assistantships — Plural form of assistantship.
15 letter words containing shi
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
- ambassadorships — Plural form of ambassadorship.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- apprenticeships — Plural form of apprenticeship.
- buckinghamshire — a county in SE central England, containing the Vale of Aylesbury and parts of the Chiltern Hills: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Milton Keynes, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Aylesbury. Pop (excluding Milton Keynes): 478 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Milton Keynes): 1568 sq km (605 sq miles)
16 letter words containing shi
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- commissionership — The role or office of commissioner.
- craftspersonship — The body of activities, skills, techniques, knowledge, and expertise pertinent to (a) particular craft(s).
- entrepreneurship — The art or science of innovation and risk-taking for profit in business.
17 letter words containing shi
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- correspondentship — The role or status of correspondent.
- interrelationship — reciprocal relation.
18 letter words containing shi
- inter-relationship — reciprocal relation.
- kirkcudbrightshire — a historic county in SW Scotland.
- prime-ministership — the principal minister and head of government in parliamentary systems; chief of the cabinet or ministry: the British prime minister.
- self-extinguishing — to put out (a fire, light, etc.); put out the flame of (something burning or lighted): to extinguish a candle.
20 letter words containing shi
- contradistinguishing — Present participle of contradistinguish.
On this page, we collect all words with SHI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1971 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SHI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.