Words containing sect
4 letter words containing sect
- sect — a body of persons adhering to a particular religious faith; a religious denomination.
5 letter words containing sect
- -sect — to cut or divide, esp into a specified number of parts
6 letter words containing sect
- bisect — If something long and thin bisects an area or line, it divides the area or line in half.
- disect — Misspelling of dissect.
- exsect — (transitive) To cut out or away; to remove by exsection.
- insect — any animal of the class Insecta, comprising small, air-breathing arthropods having the body divided into three parts (head, thorax, and abdomen), and having three pairs of legs and usually two pairs of wings.
- resect — to do a resection on.
7 letter words containing sect
- dissect — to cut apart (an animal body, plant, etc.) to examine the structure, relation of parts, or the like.
- insecta — the class comprising the insects.
- insects — Plural form of insect.
- prosect — to dissect (a cadaver or part) for anatomical demonstration.
- sectary — a member of a particular sect, especially an adherent of a religious body regarded as heretical or schismatic.
8 letter words containing sect
- bisector — a straight line or plane that bisects an angle
- dissects — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of dissect.
- hemisect — to cut into two equal parts; to bisect, especially along a medial longitudinal plane.
- insectan — Of or relating to insects.
- sectator — a member or follower of a sect
9 letter words containing sect
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- bisection — to cut or divide into two equal or nearly equal parts.
- bisectrix — the bisector of the angle between the optic axes of a crystal
- c-section — A C-section is the same as a Caesarean.
- disection — Misspelling of dissection.
10 letter words containing sect
11 letter words containing sect
- bisectional — relating to division into two equal parts
- dissections — Plural form of dissection.
- glossectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of all or part of the tongue.
- hemisecting — Present participle of hemisect.
- hemisection — to cut into two equal parts; to bisect, especially along a medial longitudinal plane.
12 letter words containing sect
13 letter words containing sect
- bisectionally — from a bisectional point of view
- consectaneous — following logically; consequent
- cross-section — If you refer to a cross-section of particular things or people, you mean a group of them that you think is typical or representative of all of them.
- crossectional — Of, pertaining to, or being a cross section.
- glossectomies — Plural form of glossectomy.
14 letter words containing sect
- crosssectional — Misspelling of cross-sectional.
- hypophysectomy — excision of the pituitary gland.
- insecticidally — in an insecticidal manner
- intersectional — of or relating to to an intersection, or a place where two or more roads, lines, or elements meet: intersectional traffic flow.
- metastasectomy — (surgery) Surgical removal of the metastases (cancerous growths).
15 letter words containing sect
- antivivisection — opposed to the act or practice or performing experiments on living animals, involving cutting into or dissecting the body
- hemiglossectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a portion of the tongue.
- microdissection — dissection performed under a microscope.
- noninsecticidal — absent or free of insecticide
- nonintersecting — Not intersecting.
16 letter words containing sect
17 letter words containing sect
- hemiglossectomies — Plural form of hemiglossectomy.
- intersectionalism — The study of minorities within minorities, or intersections between minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination.
- intersectionality — the theory that the overlap of various social identities, as race, gender, sexuality, and class, contributes to the specific type of systemic oppression and discrimination experienced by an individual (often used attributively): Her paper uses a queer intersectionality approach.
18 letter words containing sect
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
19 letter words containing sect
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
On this page, we collect all words with SECT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 214 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SECT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.